Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Lovely night sky shot!

How does everyone carry their camera and lenses? The whole system is so small!

I've found my Hadley pro too big now, the bag is still perfect, but the insert is too big. Unfortunately I've asked Billingham and they don't do half-insert where the camera insert only occupy half the space. I'm thinking of buying a third party insert (that isn't designed for this bag) or a very small camera bag to hold the camera and lenses inside Hadley pro. The rest of the bag would then be able to carry other travel essentials.

I use a Think Tank Retrospective 7, for me it's just about perfect, I can fit an XT1, X100t, and a couple of lens in easily.

I use a Think Tank Retrospective 7, for me it's just about perfect, I can fit an XT1, X100t, and a couple of lens in easily.
+1

The Retro 7 easily accommodates any of these combinations:
  • -E2 and three lenses (one lens mounted on body)
  • -E2 and a second X-series body (e.g. -Pro1) and three lenses (two lenses mounted, if one of the lenses is quite short - 18, 27 or 35)
  • -E2 and two lenses, and a DP Merrill (my current travel set-up)
With a back-to-back rear lens cap adapter I've managed one body and four lenses quite comfortably. And the EF-X20 is so compact it tucks away neatly in a corner of the bag as well.

I use a lowepro micro trekker if I'm carrying my 3 lenses otherwise the 35mm is glued to the xe2 and I have a small lowepro bag that has a built in rain cover which is very useful - can't remember the name though.

Guys, they are all brilliant bags, but where do you put your travel essentials like water bottle, tour book, wallet, charger and umbrella?

I don't really want another photography bag, I want a smaller top access insert for the Billingham Hadley pro.

Guys, they are all brilliant bags, but where do you put your travel essentials like water bottle, tour book, wallet, charger and umbrella?

I don't really want another photography bag, I want a smaller top access insert for the Billingham Hadley pro.
All those essentials fit into my Retro 7.. (except wallet, I'd never carry my wallet in a shoulder bag).

Every so often Aldi/Lidl do a cheap range of padded bags in a variety of sizes, they make excellent inserts for larger bags - or for converting a regular bag into a camera bag.

Just joined the club :)

Fuji X-E2, with the 23mm and 56mm.

So far, really liking this camera. I love the simplicity of it. I was going to get the X-T10, but comparing the two in a shop, the extra bells and whistles of the X-T10 actually put me off buying it.

I did find myself frustrated with it to begin with, as I had set the X-E2 up with image review continuous after taking a shot, with eye sensor turned on. Every time I took a picture, it displayed in the eye piece until I half pressed the shutter to revert it back to live view. Turned it off now, so much happier with it :)

I carry mine in a small Kata shoulder bag. Centre divider in, black X-E2 with 56 in one half, silver X-E2 with 23 in the other half. Side pockets for SD card case, cleaning cloth and lens pen, and 2 extra batteries.

Could I get some advice, I saw some pics in another thread from a fish eye lens?

Fuji don't do one so do you guys have a lens from another manufacturer for your xe2 and if so could you recommend me one please

I have the 14mm

Thanks folks, I'll keep an eye out for one as it looks like a lot of fun, the images you have created are really interesting :)

Running in to some problems trying to transfer images from camera to my phone, using the Fuji android app. It won't connect at all. I don't seem to have this same problem with my Sonys

Which app mate?

There's about 4 on the android market which is ridiculous. I use 'Fujifilm camera remote' and seems to work fine. Can't speak for any of the others

Which app mate?

There's about 4 on the android market which is ridiculous. I use 'Fujifilm camera remote' and seems to work fine. Can't speak for any of the others

Using what I assume is the main app, judging by it's name lol

Last time I tried it the app wasn't compatible with Lollipop :(

This is my first Fuji experience, I have owned Nikon, Canon, and Sony gear and an Olympus EP2 ages ago

How fast are Fuji with their firmware/bug fixes? I was quite looking forward to using the wireless transfer on the X-E2, the Sony works effortlessly through their app.

The AF surprised me though. Reading how some people are not happy with how slow it is and hunting in dim light, I don't think it's that bad at all.

There are two "official" apps (camera app and camera remote), only one is the right one for the X-E2 (I've installed both and usually get the wrong one first time), and remember it's jpg only..

Last edited:
There are two "official" apps (camera app and camera remote), only one is the right one for the X-E2 (I've installed both and usually get the wrong one first time), and remember it's jpg only..

I have tried both the Fuji app and the Fuji Photo Receiver, but still can't get it working yet. I am shooting RAW+JPEG

Cars of Hamburg #2, the Mustang..

X-E2, ISO6400

Hamburg is a city with some very, very nice cars on the streets...

Back