The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

:LOL:

Yeah I'm happy with it up to yet. Really enjoyed using it yesterday. Can't remember ever going anywhere and taking nearly 400 shots other than at the boxing.

I did use my 35mm alot though so i need to add the Fuji version soon...

Dithered too long on the decision about the refurb Graphite XT1 and now out of stock :(

Having to pay an extra 5k towards buying a house so need to put that over the xt1 unfortunately

Why???

I did the same with the xe2 and ended up with a new xt1. Cost me a bloody fortune!! :LOL:
I didn't really want the Graphite version, not that I dont prefer silver, both my X-E1 & X-E2 were silver, just really couldn't afford the extra £70. Fortunately WEX had a used one in for sale £647 condition 9 and it will be with me tomorrow. :)

Has anyone upgraded from a canon 7d to one of these.. was toying with the idea of the Canon eos-m3 but this seems like a better option.. its a lot of monies though!!

I'll be going from a 60d to an xt1 asap.. will be much better use of your money then the m3 :)

I currently only have the Canon 17-40L lens.. how does the Fuji 18-55 kit lens compare..

Well ive bit the bullet and purchased one!! Still gonna keep hold of the 7D and will compare the two.. The one that is victorious in the battle of will stay with me and the other will be off loaded!!

Any good cases like they had back in the days.. The hard leather things?

Took the X up to the Lakes last weekend along with my Rolleiflex. Glad I did, the weather was stunning and I found it soooo easy to carry it up to the top of Coniston Old Man.

Some more later but this one was taken looking across Wastwater on Sunday. I was just about to take the same shot on film when the wind changed and the reflections disappeared, lucky.

Scafell-Reflections by andysnapper1, on Flickr

Cheers

Andy

Well mine turned up today, bought used from WEX and I cant find a mark on it. Same price as a refurb at £650 and 12mnths guarantee so Im happy. Nipped out today with a bit of legacy glass on it to try it out, my 18-55mm should be here tomorrow and I'm pretty impressed, especially with the viewfinder, man thats a viewfinder and half :) The split screen mode for manual focusing is such a pleasure to use. So far well impressed with my new camera.

Another new X-T1 user checking in, bought from the NEC exhibition at the weekend along with the 18-55 and 27mm lenses.

First impressions are very good, feels very different to my 7D, which I will be keeping.

First impressions from the test shots are good - very pleased so far and looking forward to getting used to it.

Chris

So...

If i want to set a C1 setting for say JPEG, CC and auto iso upto 600, can i or do i have to set it all manually? I have tried it via the Q menu but it just reverts to 'base' but with the settings you have chosen... If i want to swap back to RAW i have to toggle that square in the Q menu... Am i being thick?

So...

If i want to set a C1 setting for say JPEG, CC and auto iso upto 600, can i or do i have to set it all manually? I have tried it via the Q menu but it just reverts to 'base' but with the settings you have chosen... If i want to swap back to RAW i have to toggle that square in the Q menu... Am i being thick?

I don't have my unit with me at the moment David, but as far as I can remember you set up your (C) settings in the main menu and store them. Then when you want to quickly change them press the Q button, highlight the (C) digit, and then scroll the rear wheel until the one you want shows.

George

4 shot pano, stitched on Elements and converted to mono.

16731909230_9361ea7923_o.jpg

Any recommendations on what lenses I should purchase with the kit lens.. type of photography im into is landscape and just portrait of kids..

Another stunner Andy the mono conversion suits it. Front to back sharpness is spot on.

Back