The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Yes a massive difference. Why don't you go find one to borrow/try in a shop?
It's on my list of things to do, but I'm in the middle of a breakup and move and haven't had the time.

I really need to know if the V4 firmware update has made a big difference to the AF.

Are you talking about single or continuous focus? Single focus has improved a lot IMO and while continuous focus is better with FW4.0 it still won't compete with s DSLR

Are you talking about single or continuous focus? Single focus has improved a lot IMO and while continuous focus is better with FW4.0 it still won't compete with s DSLR
Continuous. Mmm, maybe I'll buy both. :D

A close friend of mine shoots his professional wedding photography/portraits exclusively with; X-Pro1 and two X-T1 bodies along with six Fuji lenses, he's ditched his Canon set-up about a year now. He's based close to Edinburgh, Kevin Wyllie based in Ayrshire. Top guy.
Ayrshire is a long way from Edinburgh. LOL

A close friend of mine shoots his professional wedding photography/portraits exclusively with; X-Pro1 and two X-T1 bodies along with six Fuji lenses, he's ditched his Canon set-up about a year now. He's based close to Edinburgh, Kevin Wyllie based in Ayrshire. Top guy.

Hi was in answer to The23rdman post :)

Ah, but anything world be an improvement on Canon; I want to know how it rates next to Nikon. ;)

*runs and hides* :D

Reactions: JYC
i ditched my Nikon d700's and glass in favor of xt1's with x100 for weddings and now an xt10 as backup

Mike, is there much difference in actual size between the x-t1 and the x-t10?. Currently using a X-E2, I have big hands so wondered which would work better, i'm leaning towards the X-T1

Mike, is there much difference in actual size between the x-t1 and the x-t10?. Currently using a X-E2, I have big hands so wondered which would work better, i'm leaning towards the X-T1

fxe19819-jpg.40839

i have reasonably large hands and i find the xt10 ok but im use to the x100t and xe2. i probably will get a 3rd party grip when available i refuse to pay for the fuji 1.

I would be happy doing everything except wildlife (bif) and sport with the X-T1.

When they bring out a lens for wildlife and advance the AF a bit more things might be different.

Does anyone know the max shutter speed of the X-T10? I read that the X-T1 has 1/4000th so assumed the same, but then read of it having an electronic shutter which confused me. I notice some other cams have ability to do 1/8000th like the E-M1 so that's why I was asking, as sometimes in outdoor use at max aperture I have ran out of shutter speed before with over exposed skies. Not sure if this is an issue anyone has ever experienced as I don't read about it much.

Does anyone know the max shutter speed of the X-T10? I read that the X-T1 has 1/4000th so assumed the same, but then read of it having an electronic shutter which confused me. I notice some other cams have ability to do 1/8000th like the E-M1 so that's why I was asking, as sometimes in outdoor use at max aperture I have ran out of shutter speed before with over exposed skies. Not sure if this is an issue anyone has ever experienced as I don't read about it much.
Both the X-T1 and the X-T10 have mechanical and electronic shutters, user selectable. The maximum for the mechanical is 1/4000; however the electronic goes to 1/32000.

Weather is miserable here again today :( So me and the boy decided to build a temporary home studio. Had some large sheets of white for the backdrop and got a couple of softboxes out.
Wanted a picture of the two of us together so used a remote, maybe need to edit it out of the shot. Anyway here is our attempt.

View attachment 42899

Mrs Sprout took a BTS shot for us. She had to get up high to get the whole studio in so stood on a large box, or Uncle Bill as we know him.

View attachment 42900

Really need some better weather :runaway::runaway::runaway:

Weather is miserable here again today :( So me and the boy decided to build a temporary home studio. Had some large sheets of white for the backdrop and got a couple of softboxes out.
Wanted a picture of the two of us together so used a remote, maybe need to edit it out of the shot. Anyway here is our attempt.

View attachment 42899

Mrs Sprout took a BTS shot for us. She had to get up high to get the whole studio in so stood on a large box, or Uncle Bill as we know him.

View attachment 42900

Same here,but the sun is starting to shine,hopefully it will last :)

View attachment 42899

View attachment 42900

is this a wireless flash trigger you are using?

Yep, those two are 560mk3 the mk4 also have receivers but can act as a transmitter too when on camera.

Highly recommend the 560tx if you do go for the yongnuo flashes. It's great being able to control power and zoom settings from on camera especially if the flash is inside a softbox or high on stand.

Highly recommend the 560tx if you do go for the yongnuo flashes. It's great being able to control power and zoom settings from on camera especially if the flash is inside a softbox or high on stand.
i have the 560tx 2 560iv flashes and 4 560iii flashes and cant fault them at all.

Hi all, I'm considering buying Fuji xt10 as well. I'm reading lots of reviews and looks like its good system.

Back