The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I spent the bank holiday (and my birthday) in the Brecon Beacons. Here's a few shots... There were lots of panos, both using the sweep and the traditional multi-shot methods... Tried my first proper pano (with a tripod and everything!) for the waterfall, only to find I missed a frame in the lower left corner, so had to crop to a more traditional ratio... Still, we live and learn. ;)

Wales by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

Last edited:
Some lovely images here - none of which are helping my efforts to resist chopping in my MFT gear for a Fuji X-series camera.

Some interesting news about a new member of the family coming here https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t100-announcement-on-may-24/ which could be very interesting. I like the sound of the 'selfie' screen - I've had some lovely pictures with my toddler using this feature on my current camera.

I spent the bank holiday (and my birthday) in the Brecon Beacons. Here's a few shots... There were lots of panos, both using the sweep and the traditional multi-shot methods... Tried my first proper pano (with a tripod and everything!) for the waterfall, only to find I missed a frame in the lower left corner, so had to crop to a more traditional ratio... Still, we live and learn. ;)

They're all good, but really love that last one...

Went to the "Mini at Home" event at the production plant in Oxford yesterday. I bought some rim protectors for the car & had them fitted.

Really needed a polariser, best I sell something to get the funds. As much as I love cars, I really don't excel at taking pictures of them :eek:

redrims.jpg

Went to the "Mini at Home" event at the production plant in Oxford yesterday. I bought some rim protectors for the car & had them fitted.

Really needed a polariser, best I sell something to get the funds. As much as I love cars, I really don't excel at taking pictures of them :eek:

View attachment 126387
Really like that shape of 'mini' and would consider one for my next car I think.

First thing I notice isn't the lack of polariser though, it's the lack of tyre shine [emoji16]

Really like that shape of 'mini' and would consider one for my next car I think.

First thing I notice isn't the lack of polariser though, it's the lack of tyre shine [emoji16]

I have had a few cars in my time Ian, including 3 other Mini's, but this is the best car I have ever had. A sports car when I want it to be, a family car when required, and recently it has proved invaluable at getting a load of old stuff to the tip as we declutter.

Apologies for the tyres, I was out early yesterday to meet other members of my owners club to travel to the show, and it rained on Saturday night, so I took a bucket and my cleaning gear with me, bought some water at the services and did a quick clean when we got to Oxford. However I managed to leave my wheel cleaning stuff at home :rolleyes:. Still a good day out, 20 cars on our stand, one of our club won on the raffle, and a meal at a nice pub on the Thames on the way home..... A good day in all.

I have had a few cars in my time Ian, including 3 other Mini's, but this is the best car I have ever had. A sports car when I want it to be, a family car when required, and recently it has proved invaluable at getting a load of old stuff to the tip as we declutter.

Apologies for the tyres, I was out early yesterday to meet other members of my owners club to travel to the show, and it rained on Saturday night, so I took a bucket and my cleaning gear with me, bought some water at the services and did a quick clean when we got to Oxford. However I managed to leave my wheel cleaning stuff at home :rolleyes:. Still a good day out, 20 cars on our stand, one of our club won on the raffle, and a meal at a nice pub on the Thames on the way home..... A good day in all.
Sounds like a good day right enough. Been ages since I attended a good car show and passed one last weekend as I was on my way to visit friends (was surely tempted to stop).

My current car almost ticks all the boxes for me, but the fact it's a three door and I'll soon have two young children means it may make way at some point (wife drives a Qashqai mind you so could cope I'm sure).

Here's my 130i after a quick polish last weekend. LRM_EXPORT_20180507_184339.jpeg

Sounds like a good day right enough. Been ages since I attended a good car show and passed one last weekend as I was on my way to visit friends (was surely tempted to stop).

My current car almost ticks all the boxes for me, but the fact it's a three door and I'll soon have two young children means it may make way at some point (wife drives a Qashqai mind you so could cope I'm sure).

Here's my 130i after a quick polish last weekend. View attachment 126392

That 2/3 door or 4/5 door thing really is a quandary if you like how your car looks. I had an M135 (3 door) and have only had 2/3 door cars for years, my Focus ST was 3 door, had a 3 series Coupe, then there have been the 3 door Mini's. We decided we needed something a little bigger as we tend to holiday in the UK more. The Clubby went to Mull last year and it was a dream. It's the first 4 door car (OK, I know it technically has 6 doors) that I've liked the look of, without going too big. I could be persuaded if somebody wanted to swap their Panamera though :D

That 2/3 door or 4/5 door thing really is a quandary if you like how your car looks. I had an M135 (3 door) and have only had 2/3 door cars for years, my Focus ST was 3 door, had a 3 series Coupe, then there have been the 3 door Mini's. We decided we needed something a little bigger as we tend to holiday in the UK more. The Clubby went to Mull last year and it was a dream. It's the first 4 door car (OK, I know it technically has 6 doors) that I've liked the look of, without going too big. I could be persuaded if somebody wanted to swap their Panamera though :D
Couldn't we all [emoji23]

1) Click on the image in Flickr
2) Select the share image tool
3) Click on "BBCode"
4) Select your size
5) Copy & paste the link....

Yep. Max size 1024 on the longest side.

Great stuff as always George, keep them coming

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
Thought I'd kinda think outside the box as they say with this one by trying something a little different from the normal Bluebell type snaps.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Kent UK of some Bluebells deliberately taken out of focus to try and create an illusion.
I'm also working on a personal project called Illusions and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T1, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/450th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Tripod.
Bluebells Illusion (1)-03229 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
It's different, but I quite like that!

I've finally managed to shift all of my Canon gear, and will be ordering my X-T20 this Saturday once the new buyer has hopefully picked up my Canon body. So excited, I'm like a kid at Christmas!

It's different, but I quite like that!

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply.(y)

George.

One from my experimental folder, an ongoing project to photograph bits of the River Cherwell north of Oxford. Of possible interest to people who like old manual lenses, this was shot with a NIkkor PC 105mm f/2.5, probably at about f/4, on a Lens Turbo II. The lens was originally pre-AI but had been converted at some point, not that it makes any difference for my purposes.

Calligraphic
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Back