The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Outstanding! Works well with the blue background too.

Nice bit of Macro work Sir, with some fine detail. It's surprising just how good the results from a Raynox set up can be.(y)George.
Thanks George - yes it's agreat way into macro without spending a fortune :)

Again another great macro, I'm really going to have to get this combo out and get some shots.

Have you tried with tubes, do you think there's enough in there to get an eyes shot?

Hi John - thanks, no I haven't used tubes with the Fuji (used to have them with my Canon setup). The spider shot was a big crop already to be honest - probably couldn't push it too much further! I don't usually shoot *really* small stuff so this setup is getting me close enough I think :)

A LITTLE HEADS UP !

Sorry I know the above is shouting but I've just nearly had a heart attack because of Fuji.

Tonight I opened my second XT-2 ready for tomorrows little jaunt. On trying to remove the lens after checking things out it refused to budge. A little shaking of said camera and one nervous breakdown I got the lens back off. I couldn't at first figure out why unto a little piece of black plastic fell out onto my luckily just tidied desk. After a little investigation I found out it was a little bit of the body cap that has broken off, part of the mount ring that locks into the camera. As I've only just unwrapped it tonight it must have come like that.

So Folks please just check any body caps you have, press the little locking ring to make sure nothing falls off. Thank goodness it wasn't a mirrored body it could have done untold damage, or that it had jammed between the lens and sensor.

I have a grip and also have it on boost mode, I've just tried it in the house and it seems OK but this afternoon and other times I've tried it it's been pretty bad. I'll have to pay attention when I got out with it next if it is always bad or starts off OK and gets worse.

I think he meant high performance mode which is different to boost mode (which is for fps). High performance mode is for AF and responsiveness and power handling etc

Some cracking stuff in recent pages, chaps.

I've got my head around Lightroom Mobile now, which is great for my processing speed, but I'm struggling to find time to get anything properly tagged and uploaded. Here's the latest handful from Australia...

Australian Sunset
by mikeriddle1984, on Flickr

Just woken up to a bazillion notifications - looks like this one's been "Explorered" on flickr. My second one. I know it doesn't really mean anything but it's still a nice feeling :)

I think he meant high performance mode which is different to boost mode (which is for fps). High performance mode is for AF and responsiveness and power handling etc

Are you definitely talking abut the X-T2? from what I can see High Performance is now called 'Boost' mode on the X-T2..

Are you definitely talking abut the X-T2? from what I can see High Performance is now called 'Boost' mode on the X-T2..
Just had a look at the camera. What I was referring to seems to be what you were looking at also. Boost mode under Power Management. :)

Just had a look at the camera. What I was referring to seems to be what you were looking at also. Boost mode under Power Management. :)

Thanks, I'll be going out with the camera today so I'll give it another go to see if it's the same as yesterday.

Just bought my 1st proper Fuji lens.
An XF 35mm f2.0 wr.
The kit lens just isn`t a fitting match for an X-T1

Just bought my 1st proper Fuji lens.
An XF 35mm f2.0 wr.
The kit lens just isn`t a fitting match for an X-T1

Why not? The kit lens is a great lens by all accounts. The 35 will be sharper and I do prefer primes too, but the 18-55 is perfect for the XT-1 also

Why not? The kit lens is a great lens by all accounts. The 35 will be sharper and I do prefer primes too, but the 18-55 is perfect for the XT-1 also

Nothing wrong with the optics at all,
Its more the overall feel of the camera and lens in union.
I used to have an X100 and I got a taste for the quality feeling metal lens

The 35 1.4 is my main lens so I wouldn't argue against the F2 as a main lens whatsoever. I still need something wider though.

To be fair I'd most likely swap my 10-24 for a 16 f/1.4 or a 23 f/1.4 given the opportunity as the primes have that 'feel' to them, but I'm too lazy :)

Last edited:
To be fair I'd most likely swap my 10-24 for a 16 f/1.4 or a 23 f/1.4 given the opportunity as the primes have that 'feel' to them, but I'm too lazy :)

The 16 1.4 looks a stunning lens, that, the 35 and the 90F2 would be my ideal trio

This must be the fastest moving gear thread on TP. Miss it for a few days and when you come back there are loads of pages to get through.

Nothing wrong with the optics at all,
Its more the overall feel of the camera and lens in union.
I used to have an X100 and I got a taste for the quality feeling metal lens
Having had both, and currently the owner of the 35mm, I can't say its anymore or any less plastic than the 18-55. Both are very well constructed lenses.

Having had both, and currently the owner of the 35mm, I can't say its anymore or any less plastic than the 18-55. Both are very well constructed lenses.

I meant the 16-50 ii kit lens, I don't know why someone mentioned the expensive 18-55, I don't own one

That makes much more sense, but the 18-55 is also a "kit lens" you didn't specify.

Darn that is some kit lens lol.
I did not realise, I bought a refurb X-A2 and kept the 16-50 ii and sold the body.
Ended up with the lens for £60, best bang for buck I ever got in photography gear, its excellent IQ

I meant the 16-50 ii kit lens, I don't know why someone mentioned the expensive 18-55, I don't own one
Sorry my mistake, yes the 16-50, whilst a good lens is not as well made as the 18-55.

Reactions: GTG
Couple from today, don't normally do landscapes in the afternoon but wanted to try out some new filters.

manor1b.jpg

manor2.jpg

Last edited:
Darn that is some kit lens lol.
I did not realise, I bought a refurb X-A2 and kept the 16-50 ii and sold the body.
Ended up with the lens for £60, best bang for buck I ever got in photography gear, its excellent IQ

Ah, that's where the confusion comes from :) The X-T1 only came with either the 18-55mm or 18-135mm.

Reactions: GTG
That's also regarded as the "kit" lens. Historically the 16-50 was THE kit lens for the X-T10, and the 18-55 for the X-T1.

That's also regarded as the "kit" lens. Historically the 16-50 was THE kit lens for the X-T10, and the 18-55 for the X-T1.

Yes, I still don't know my way around Fuji very well.

I never researched the lenses much because I never intended to buy any others but I miss the F 2.0 and metal lens on the X100 a lot

Back