Fuji X-T4

My silver XT4 arrived yesterday. I come from an XT2 and 3 before. I don’t like the in camera charging but it’s a personal thing to do with a lack of desk space. So I’ve ordered the double charger from Bristol Cameras who were the cheapest!
A few quick test shots and the eye af is stickier which is something I was keen on.
I want to add another lens but I’m torn between 80mm macro as I’ve never done macro, the 90mm as I enjoy family portraits or the 40-150. Arghh.
Pleased with my purchase so far.

My silver XT4 arrived yesterday. I come from an XT2 and 3 before. I don’t like the in camera charging but it’s a personal thing to do with a lack of desk space. So I’ve ordered the double charger from Bristol Cameras who were the cheapest!
A few quick test shots and the eye af is stickier which is something I was keen on.
I want to add another lens but I’m torn between 80mm macro as I’ve never done macro, the 90mm as I enjoy family portraits or the 40-150. Arghh.

I used to have the 50-140 and absolutely loved it even with the 1.4x TC. I've not had the others but I would say you'd end up buying that and one of the others so it's worth going for the 50-140 anyway. I'm kinda saying that way myself at the minute.

The 50-140mm is my favourite lens. Sharp and quick to focus, not too heavy nor it's too big to carry around. I sold the 90mm to get it and never looked back. I also own the 80mm, which just like the 90mm is a lovely lens but IMO can't beat the 50-140mm unless you want to do macro photography.

The 50-140mm is my favourite lens. Sharp and quick to focus, not too heavy nor it's too big to carry around. I sold the 90mm to get it and never looked back. I also own the 80mm, which just like the 90mm is a lovely lens but IMO can't beat the 50-140mm unless you want to do macro photography.

I would have to disagree there. I have both the 90, and the 50-140, and the big issue with the latter is the close focus distance is too long. with a set of tubes the 90 or 35 f1.4 are my preferred options.

Phwoarrrr! Mine just came today and it's a weapon. Had the X-T10, X-T2, X-T3 and now this. This is much better IMO. I like the small but extra bulk for my larger hands and feels it would weight out some of the front heavy lenses.

I need my first lens which is going to be the only one I can buy for a while. What suggestions do we have folks for a landscape/street type guy? Theres a 16mm for sale but unsure of the 24mm focal length as I normally shoot a bit wider for landscapes and a bit longer for street haha. And before anyone asks, I had to sell my X-T3 and lenses but ended up not actually needing to hence why I got myself an X-T4 and starting again with lenses.

Also one thing that's not been mentioned here is the padded camera strap you get. Nor ally I dont bother with the ones that come with a camera however this is one of the only ones I've got comfort from. It's long and normally they dig into my neck but this one grips nicely to the shoulder and doesn't dig. A small plus over the fact they removed the charger and the not used flash from the box.

View attachment 280516

You would hard pressed to beat the 10-24 f4 for the money. I think there's a used one in the classifieds. The 8-16 is better but very expensive for what it is.

I need to borrow your 90 F2 to try out :D@Jelster.

I need to borrow your 90 F2 to try out :D@Jelster.

My 90 f2 hasn't seen a lot of action recently, so if you want to make your way down to deepest, darkest Wiltshire, you're free to have a play. Just don't let me see or handle that T4... I can't afford a divorce!

I am seriously looking at this lens,
Fujinon XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM Optical Image Stabiliser, Weather Resistant Lens

My 90 f2 hasn't seen a lot of action recently, so if you want to make your way down to deepest, darkest Wiltshire, you're free to have a play. Just don't let me see or handle that T4... I can't afford a divorce!
:banana::D:D

I am seriously looking at this lens,
Fujinon XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM Optical Image Stabiliser, Weather Resistant Lens

Do it! Push that button. Mine rarely leaves one of my Fuji bodies! It works very well withthe x1.4 too.

Pushed the button.:banana:

You won't regret it... A bit heavier than your 50-230 but the output is noticeably better, and of course, it's f2.8 throughout. It also makes a not to bad video lens too.

My only grievance with mine is that the close focus distance is quite long.

Yes the F2.8 drew me to it & all the reviews i have read are good.

Ok, so I've kinda spent a lot of money despite saying I was only getting one lens and it's this threads fault haha namely @jockwav for getting the 50-140 ;). Don't tell the wife!

I got:

- 50-140 with 1.4x TC.
- 16mm f/2.8 from here. This is not a focal length I've really used before and was tempted by the f/1.4 on here but couldn't justify the cost.

I've also got an adapted 50mm f/1.8 Olympus OM lens from my OM-1 which actually works really well on the camera.

BTW sorry @Norkie if we've taken over this thread. Was it intended to be a general X-T4 chat thread or a specific one?

Last edited:
Just got to have them.:banana::D:D

Back