Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

No as it's purchased within the EU all taxes are included in the price. I actually think the goods are shipped from an Amazon warehouse in the UK as the tracking info is Royal mail and I normally receive the order in 2 or 3 days.

Thanks very much Jim - that's useful to know.

AL

No as it's purchased within the EU all taxes are included in the price. I actually think the goods are shipped from an Amazon warehouse in the UK as the tracking info is Royal mail and I normally receive the order in 2 or 3 days.
How do you go about ordering? Do you have to open a separate Amazon account? What about the language - is there an English translated version of their website?

No your uk account works, just enter the item you're looking for in the search box and all the option/costs are shown. If you're not comfortable with the language cut and paste the url into google translate,
I look at both Amazon.de and Amazon.es as there are sometimes even better savings to be had on the spanish site and vice versa.

No your uk account works, just enter the item you're looking for in the search box and all the option/costs are shown. If you're not comfortable with the language cut and paste the url into google translate,
I look at both Amazon.de and Amazon.es as there are sometimes even better savings to be had on the spanish site and vice versa.
Thanks Jim. I tried my log-in just after I posted the question and yes, it works. I suppose once you've searched for something you can get a good idea what the detail is. My language skills are limited to Lancastrian, Yorky, Scots (but not Aberdonian), and schoolboy French!

My cat is normally extremely camera shy as soon as I pick up a camera and shove it in his face. However, the fuji remote app has more or less solved the issue. ;)

I just wish it would have less lag.

Sadly, the thin line between love and full-fledged attack mode has not changed.

That's nice Simon, I'm impressed with the optical quality you're getting from that TCL set up.(y)

George.

Thanks George.

I can see absolutely no difference in IQ using the TCL.

Thanks for that Simon appreciate your reply.(y)

I've been sitting on the fence (so to speak) with regards to these TCL & WCL extras for some time. I'll probably now bite the bullet and get some ordered up.

George.

Trevor,not sure if I've already asked you this (age),do you find the WCL a bigger enough difference after using it for a while?

Trevor,not sure if I've already asked you this (age),do you find the WCL a bigger enough difference after using it for a while?

Yep. You've asked before. Only had it a coupla days. Gonna leave it on for a few weeks. I'll post as I go along.(in the other thread)

Yep. You've asked before. Only had it a coupla days. Gonna leave it on for a few weeks. I'll post as I go along.(in the other thread)

been one of those days,electric been off for 12 hours,water was all brown this morning for 2 hours ,bathroom sink leak,my doctor not taking any more appointments so forgive me :)

Has anyone experienced a purple tint in the electronic viewfinder on an x100t? The rear screen and images are fine, so it's not the capture white balance, but the evf is distracting with the tint. I upped the brightness and it seemed to help a bit.

The WCL does make an appreciable difference, I hate that you have to change the setting for it though, I always forget.

The WCL does make an appreciable difference, I hate that you have to change the setting for it though, I always forget.

Yep. Gonna buy a second body to use naked...might mean a 3rd if I go for the tele..

Yep. Gonna buy a second body to use naked...might mean a 3rd if I go for the tele..
Aren't there laws against that sort of thing ? ;) Not sure what you mean "use naked " ?

Doesn't the tele make the camera really unbalanced ? It looks a beast of a thing, for me the wcl is just on the cusp of ruining the compact feel of my x100t.

Doesn't the tele make the camera really unbalanced ? It looks a beast of a thing, for me the wcl is just on the cusp of ruining the compact feel of my x100t.
I end up holding the tele, so it makes the camera balance a little bit better for me. You're right though, it does add to the bulk. Absolutely no degradation of image quality though,so I find it a very useful add-on.

Would you recommend SilverFX? I'm going to give the trial a go and see how I fair.
Any tips?

I use it all the time on my B&W conversions - very straight forward in all honesty... I always process as normal in Lightroom then in SilverFX choose one of the pre-set B&Ws and then tweak accordingly (y)

I use it all the time on my B&W conversions - very straight forward in all honesty... I always process as normal in Lightroom then in SilverFX choose one of the pre-set B&Ws and then tweak accordingly (y)

Lovely, I'll have a play.
I used to used Topaz Adjust for enhancing some of my HDR stuff back in the day so will be interesting to have a look at a competitor :)

I wish I had not looked at this thread. Im thinking I should have given my x100T a little longer...

Which silverfx preset did you use for the railway station shot ? To me it has a hint of sepia to it, but then again I'm viewing it on my iPad. I have silverfx but haven't really gotten round to using it.

Which silverfx preset did you use for the railway station shot ? To me it has a hint of sepia to it, but then again I'm viewing it on my iPad. I have silverfx but haven't really gotten round to using it.

I can't remember off the top of my head - possibly one of the High Structure presets - I generally just cycle the presets to see which one works best for the image and then tweak specific settings further afterwards.. Fine Art and Wet Rocks are other B&W presets I use quite regularly as well (y)

I really want to get into mono after some of the great shots I've seen on here, hope to have time at the weekend to take some shots and have a faff about with silverfx, depending on this monsoon season ever coming to an end !

Hi guys my 1st post in this thread, I've had a X100S for well over a year and I've always been very impressed with the camera and it's results, I've swapped for a X100T and I just can't seem to get on with it, I don't know why but I was expecting a lot more from the T over the S but it was just the same camera with a slight tweak, I think it was that I got a black version and never liked it so I sold it and purchased a silver, I think I'm starting to enjoy it a little more now I just need to use it more and start loving it again.

Here are a few shots from a Saturday stroll around Blackpool all shot as jpeg.

Back