Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

On my X100s I have the Fn button set to change lenses.

Does that work on the X100?
Yes, it does.

But I also regularly forget to set the correct lens!

I has the X100 with me again yesterday. It really is a brilliant little camera. I'm tempted by the T though..

Spent a glorious sunny afternoon walking round Dublin castle with my x100s with wcl fitted, I tokk lots of shots, I then went for a bite to eat and a Guinness. While I was in the pub, I realised I hadn't set the conversion lens option !
It's a PITA, pics look ok in the camera, some converging verticals but hopefully I'll be able to post process these. Still loving the x100s, so much so I'm going to sell it! And buy an x100t :)

Anyone here made the switch from x100s to x100t ?

I upgraded from the X100 to the X100S and whilst it was mostly good, I do miss the Bayer sensor.

I like Classic Chrome (I have it on my X-E2) and WiFi and was tempted to upgrade to the X100T, but felt it wasn't enough change to justify the cost.

For me the biggest draw to upgrade to the 100T is the Classic chrome and the electronic shutter, and to a certain extent some future proofing.

For me the biggest draw to upgrade to the 100T is the Classic chrome and the electronic shutter, and to a certain extent some future proofing.
I find it frustrating that Fuji didn't include those features in firmware upgrades. At least the Classic Chrome is pure software so why not retrofit it to the not very old X100S?

I find it frustrating that Fuji didn't include those features in firmware upgrades. At least the Classic Chrome is pure software so why not retrofit it to the not very old X100S?
I agree 100% , but who knows, maybe they will. Fuji do support older cameras better than most I reckon.

Sort of. Had an X100 and loved it although AF was pants so I sold it. As I wanted a compact with great IQ I bought a refurb S from Fuji but sent it back within a week. While better than the original it was sill not perfect and so decided on a T. This is totally different. Biggest thing for me is setting the buttons up so I have the D pad as AF selector like on a dslr. Also the AF is very good, so much better than the S, you can actually snap moving kids and get the vast majority in focus (keep rate is not far short of my D750). Classic chrome is OK, nice on some but not essential. Took these at Wicksted park yesterday, the ride was moving normally from memory (shutter of around 1/1250 i think) and the kids coaster was going round as they do (mine are the cheeky 2 in the 2nd car). Had more shots for both but well over 50% were bang in focus (from memory it was probably 80% plus).

Wicksted-11 by snowens, on Flickr

Wicksted-1 by snowens, on Flickr

The downsize Flickr did does not do them justice.

Also, JPG SOOC are very good, often they barely need a tweak (shoot in manual mode) - I do believe it is the perfect camera!!!

Yes I processed it in SilverFX - couldn't decide if I liked the processing around the lighthouse or not.. kind of makes it stand out more than the rest of the shot...?

Yes I processed it in SilverFX - couldn't decide if I liked the processing around the lighthouse or not.. kind of makes it stand out more than the rest of the shot...?

Actually, it kinda ruins the shot..

Thanks for the feedback guys - I've reprocessed it slightly differently again in SilverFX so it now doesn't have the slight glow around the lighthouse - any better? (y)

Whitby - April 2015 by XFile2708, on Flickr

As Savid says. Still there. Forget SiverFX. Just do a straight conversion and go from there.

Yes I processed it in SilverFX - couldn't decide if I liked the processing around the lighthouse or not.. kind of makes it stand out more than the rest of the shot...?[/QUOTE]

It's a lighthouse sticking up slap bang in the middle of the frame. You don't need to do anything to make it stand out :D

16951065150_6ec4c69f14_c.jpg

One from my first roll of 120 film, she was a superb model :D

Adam

I gave the panorama feature a go when I was in the Azores a couple weeks back and got mixed results. Results seems to often suffer from an obvious banding issue (See photo)

View attachment 37369

Has anyone had much success with this or should I stick to taking the shots myself and stitching on Photoshop when I get home?

Last edited:
I gave the panorama feature a go when I was in the Azores a couple weeks back and got mixed results. Results seems to often suffer from an obvious banding issue (See photo)

View attachment 37369

Has anyone had much success with this or should I stick to taking the shots myself and stitching on Photoshop when I get home?

In my experience I've got banding when shooting in any Auto mode. It helps to lock down the exposure before shooting. Don't forget to disable auto ISO as well.

Picked up an X100T a couple of weeks ago, along with a third party hood/filter adaptor and Hoya CPL and R72 filters so I can experiment with IR.

Took a little getting used to, I shoot mostly Canon, Went to Germany last weekend and took this panorama of the lake near where I stayed, stitched in photoshop with very little post.

View attachment 37518

I'm really enjoying it so far.

The banding is due to inaccurate shutter speed. If you aim for between 1/200s and 1/80s, it should expose correctly.

At 1/500s, each exposure time is slightly different from the next.

Gutted my xf1 packed up last week now my trusty x100's flash has stopped working:mad:

I received my X100T last Thursday ,the day before I left for holiday, so I took it along with my X-pro1 with 18-55 and 18-135mm. Today I had a look at the photos I took and to be honest I'm underwhelmed. There were a lot of out of focus shots, exposure was all over the place, and the panoramic shots were pants, whereas the X-pro 1 shots were excellent, exposure and focus spot on. I have the x100s for a couple of months now, and to be honest my shots with it have been consistently good. I thought the X100T wasn't that much different, but obviously I'm missing something. I was gonna to sell the X100S to pay for the X100T but now I'm not sure what to do. I suppose I haven't really given it a chance, it is a lot more configurable than the S. Anyone here had a similar experience ?

I received my X100T last Thursday ,the day before I left for holiday, so I took it along with my X-pro1 with 18-55 and 18-135mm. Today I had a look at the photos I took and to be honest I'm underwhelmed. There were a lot of out of focus shots, exposure was all over the place, and the panoramic shots were pants, whereas the X-pro 1 shots were excellent, exposure and focus spot on. I have the x100s for a couple of months now, and to be honest my shots with it have been consistently good. I thought the X100T wasn't that much different, but obviously I'm missing something. I was gonna to sell the X100S to pay for the X100T but now I'm not sure what to do. I suppose I haven't really given it a chance, it is a lot more configurable than the S. Anyone here had a similar experience ?

The opposite !!! I found that AF is much better with the T and it produces excellent pics. What settings are you using?

I gave the panorama feature a go when I was in the Azores a couple weeks back and got mixed results. Results seems to often suffer from an obvious banding issue

In my experience I've got banding when shooting in any Auto mode. It helps to lock down the exposure before shooting. Don't forget to disable auto ISO as well.

That's my experience too.

So if I loved the X100 how much will I love the X100S? As the price is coming down I'm kinda tempted, although I do have an X-Pro 1 with 35mm f1.4 but its just not same. Kinda undecided!

Back