Fujifilm price increases from 1 April (I don't think it's a Fool's Day gag :( )

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No

C200 is increasing by 40%!
Superia Extra by 17%
The professional films are increasing by a much more sensible 2% (although the price of a roll of Velvia or Provia in 135 format already costs a ridiculous ammount in thef irst place).

"the biggest price increase appearing to hit one of its most popular consumer films."

It may well become one of their less popular consumer films after this week then.

Perhaps that's what Fuji want:thinking:.....who knows but them?!

Who knew? The contents of my fridge are going UP in value :LOL:

It may well become one of their less popular consumer films after this week then.
:agree:

I spent a while thinking about why they might have done this then realised they are a giant company just like the one I work for who make nonsensical, illogical decisions all the time based on the whim of arrogant & stupid board members and marketing people who know bugger all about their customer base.

They probably sold more X-cameras than they did rolls of C200 in 2020.

Ho hum. I think Kodak do better colour film anyway :p

:agree:

Ho hum. I think Kodak do better colour film anyway :p
As a long term Fuji user, I tend to agree with you that Kodak colour films are at least as good (and sometimes better) than the current Fuji offerings. I still have some Fuji transparency film in the fridge, but I'll not be replacing it at today's prices either. Ah, well ........... :rolleyes:

They probably sold more X-cameras than they did rolls of C200 in 2020.

Probably the case, sadly (or happily, depending on the perspective).

Having said that I was just thinking the other day that I see increasingly some variation of the following on Flickr:

-"Some beautiful scanned film photo - a title"
-Taken with [insert film camera model here]
-Shot on Fujicolor C200 film
-Negative scanned with [insert Fuji X-camera model here]

Are you seeing this, Fuji?

:banana:

If some popular rumours can be believed, possibly it's a case of, 'We haven't got much consumer grade stock left in our freezer, so we may as well try and make as much money as we can out of what's left, as we're (allegedly) not making film anymore'?

On the other hand, perhaps they are still making film and have noticed, like Kodak, that the ingredient prices have gone up due to higher demand and short supply, so they've put their prices up like Kodak did?

Back