FUJIPIX S1000FD IS IT A DECENT CAMERA?

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
Have just joined this site and I need a bit of advice please,

I have used A FUJIPIX S7000 since it came out, but it has developed A ZOOM FAULT ERROR after dropping it accidently.

It was going to cost me £100 to get fixed by FUJI.

So I decided to get A New Camera and send The Old One off to The Disabled Photographic Society, being a member.LOL.

Took a look at The NEW FUJIPIXS1000FD and I loved it small size fast focusing etc and the fact that it does Panorama Shots.

Anyway have ordered one and it will be here Tuesday.

Does anyone on here use this camera and if so what do you think?

Does anyone know if it can take a filter to protect the lens and if so what size does it take?

Any advice on this camera good or bad, would be most welcome.
Cheers
tony ALIASE. BOSE.

Ive used the s602, s7000 and 9600.

If i was you i'd look at the S100fs before you buy anything.

To me if i'm correct the s1000fd looks like a backward step? no flip rear screen, no RAW, lens starts at 33mm instead of 28

Well I can report that THE fujifinepix S1000FD is a great piece of kit,, except for the fact that it doesn't have a filter thread and wont take a lens hood.

Whatever FUJI was thinking of by missing out this feature, who knows?

As for NO RAW setting, no problem, to me, as I never used that feature on my old camera.

But it is 10MILLION PIXCELS.
LOVELY JUBLIEE LOL.
Cheers
tony.

Tony if your not bothered about regaining highlights (RAW)..... deflecting unwanted light entering the lens (hood)......slowing water down (CP filter).....taking shots low down without crawling on the floor or high up shots (flip rear screen) then buy it.

You seem to have set you mind on it anyway

Dave

Tony if your not bothered about regaining highlights (RAW)..... deflecting unwanted light entering the lens (hood)......slowing water down (CP filter).....taking shots low down without crawling on the floor or high up shots (flip rear screen) then buy it.

You seem to have set you mind on it anyway

Dave

He's already gone and bought it! :D

Two questions then Joe

1. Why ask if its any good after youve bought it .....derrrrrrr:wacky:

2. He could always take it back after realising that he might wanna do some of the things ive suggested

Dave

I can slow water down just using Shutter Piority, yes having no filter thread, is a pain as is no lens hood.

As for high lights, it seems to handle them just fine it's a cracking lens,for the price of the camera I think.

If need be I can alter them on the computer if needed,

As for flip screen didn't have that on my last camera, and as for crawling low down, that would be very difficult, as I'm in A Wheelchair. lol.

I have bought it and took a load of pics of THE TALL SHIPS, just recently, and they are not to bad considering I was getting blown all over the place.lol. when I took them.
Cheers
tony

In my opinion then you could have done with image stablisation and the flip screen more so

Simple I was just asking peoples opinion of it, not rocket science is it lol.

have got image image stabilisation up to a degree not the full blown one but yes maybe the flip screen may have been useful I agree.

got the camera yes it was the right price right size for me so I bought it and ok it's not perfect but for the money I paid I'm very happy with it.
Cheers
tony

Sure if I can figure out how to upload on here lol any help would be most welcome.
Cheers
tony

Cant seem to download imageshack, computer doesn't seem to want to know and everytime I try to use the uploader here it just asks for the www. link or something like that lol,

So it looks like I cant upload pics on here lol, but thanks for your help.
Cheers
tony

Back