Full moon inspiration needed

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got my eye on this weeks full moon, Friday night for moonrise and saturday morning for the moonset, however I am struggling with location.

I feel I've shot my local bushy park to death with moonset!! Locally I can't sem to find an alingment with anything interesting and I don't think it works for a London city viewpoint this weekend.

Looking for inspiration!!

I'm west london outskirts and an hour - 90 minutes is feasible with my home life constraints.

Having just done astro at Stonehenge I'm wondering if that can work, does anyone know if you can access the field by the Long Barrow? There may be an alignment to shoot the moon from there.

I don't think you can. OS Maps doesn't show a footpath either. Can you not shoot it from the gravel track? That's to the west of Stonehenge.

By the Long Barrow do you mean the one at the east end of The Cursus? If so you can get to it from the Woodhenge car park via footpaths. Have a look at Open Street Map to see all the footpaths in the area.

Is Avebury circle too far?

I don't think you can. OS Maps doesn't show a footpath either. Can you not shoot it from the gravel track? That's to the west of Stonehenge.
The ephemeris geodetics tells me that the ground is in the way until about an hour after moonrise, which would work, just 15 min after sunset. That feels reasonable as the gravel track slopes down and goes below the level of the henge. However I’m not sure if you can see the henge from the point you need to be at to get the alignment

By the Long Barrow do you mean the one at the east end of The Cursus? If so you can get to it from the Woodhenge car park via footpaths. Have a look at Open Street Map to see all the footpaths in the area.
Not sure I now realise there are a few long barrows!!! It’s the one in the field just behind what looks like an electrical substation off Fargo road, NE of Stonehenge.

Back