Full Moon

Name
david
Edit My Images
Yes
Been trying the moon for a while now,with varied success, got it down to this. . .

Tnites moon by Daveyarcher, on Flickr

but had to have go at Sunday night,s. . . now my first shot here was taken with, 5D111, 70-200 f2.8 and a 2x convertor, on my tripod with mirror lock up,f/6.3, 1/60, iso 100, obviously a big crop, Got this on sunday night, hand held, no convertor. .

December Moon 1 by Daveyarcher, on Flickr,

Thing is I,m getting kinda hooked on this, anyone got any tips n hints for when I get the 2x back,
cheers,
Dave

2 things...

1. it's not a full moon :D lol
2. Your shutter speed is too slow - the moon is very bright and moves bloody fast! Up your speed to 1/250 - 1/500 ish (sometimes more).

Last edited:
2. Your shutter speed is too slow - the moon is very bright and moves bloody fast! Up your speed to 1/250 - 1/500 ish (sometimes more).

When I attached my 500d to my celestron scope I couldn't believe it was recommending a 1/800s shutter speed at first! I struggle to get that during the day haha

2 things...

1. it's not a full moon :D lol
Ha Ha, second one is . . . . shutter speed. . .I tried a few different settings, but always had better results with a bit slower speed,s one to try again I suppose.
cheers.

Oh and you will get hooked, you will even find yourself looking at the price of Telescopes so you can use them and attach your camera and take photos of more distant planets and stars lol.

I darnt even look. . . . .but I have a feeling it will happen. . . .:D,
thanx
Dave

Back