Full sized but dead/empty?

Edit My Images
No
Hello,

I hope you can shed some light on this oddity.

I recently recovered my photos (RAW, jpeg's and gifs) using EASUS recovery software from a harddrive that had a Windows problem (invalid master table). The photos had not been deleted but the files were inaccessible thus EASUS managed to extract them all.

Now that they've been extracted and still at their original sizes, I can't view any of them. This only happened to the folders containing my photos but not to other folders containing jpegs (e.g. music albums). Its over 60GB of photos just sitting there

Many thanks.

I'm not too sure on the problem as such..but it is possible to fix your master table! I messed my Vista one up...and here is why I can't be much further help...I tried a million and one different programs to fix it, and one eventually did...but haven't a clue which one!

It was on a boot cd I downloaded free, that had loads of PC utils on...

What (if any) error message are you getting?

I dont know easus software, but is there a possiblity, if your using a free/trial version, it recovers them, but you have to pay to unlock the software for it to recoverthe files completely for you to view. Perhaps it only does folders under a size limit if others are working?

Thanks for your replies :)

The only message I'm getting is that there is 'No preview available' or that the files cannot be read (in Photoshop, etc) for any of the formats despite the files having their full size. EASEUS was bought with the hope of it working and in so far as all other files are concerned, this was true.

With regards to the Master table; I tried fixing it a few different ways but with no hope so the drive now has a fresh WinXP on it.

Have you checked the file extenders - the 3 letters of the file name after the dot are compatible with the viewing program?

Back