Fun with a humidifier!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Take 1 humidifier that normally creates a fine mist of water vapour, "modify" it so with works without it's lid on, add some food colouring, lots of plastic sheeting, and a couple of speedlites and away you go!

Large
4629578364_872245e98e_d.jpg

Large
4629559868_87e2d919d2_d.jpg

If anyone has tips on using the correct dof to capture water droplets that move all over the place would be much appreciated! Had to use f13 in the end and 1/8000th to get it sharp and in focus (almost!)

Thanks for looking, Comments and crit very welcome

Chris

You know that's really cool! Where did the water droplets come from? It look's a bit like those ones with the balloons stretched over a speaker and vibrated until they shoot in the air, but I assume not if the humidifier is coming from straight underneath?

You know that's really cool! Where did the water droplets come from? It look's a bit like those ones with the balloons stretched over a speaker and vibrated until they shoot in the air, but I assume not if the humidifier is coming from straight underneath?

interesting isn't it!

i'll tell you where it came from, take one of these
60-4250344A71UC520865M.jpg

normally the water vapour comes out the spout, take it's lid off (the blue bit) then without the lid when it's running and generating the vapour, water bubbles up and splashes around which makes the droplets appear to fly through the air with the vapour below, red food colouring makes it stand out more, very simple but effective, though you do get water everywhere! :LOL:

interesting isn't it!

i'll tell you where it came from, take one of these

normally the water vapour comes out the spout, take it's lid off (the blue bit) then without the lid when it's running and generating the vapour, water bubbles up and splashes around which makes the droplets appear to fly through the air with the vapour below, red food colouring makes it stand out more, very simple but effective, though you do get water everywhere! :LOL:

Oh I see, that is cool! Nice stuff :)

Back