Furniture delivery Athens style

RobertP

TPer Emeritus
Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey my first thread in this section :)

Just a few from the hotel balcony in Athens. Noticed some furniture being delivered just down the road. Guess it did not fit up the stairs.

They originally positioned the hoist to deliver to the 3rd floor window but changed their minds and went for the roof instead.

ath01.jpg

The guy in blue would not venture out onto the canopy. Notice the safety equipment used - luck.
ath02.jpg

It was obviously heavy stuff as he struggled to lift it. Made harder by keeping his weight away from the edge.
ath03.jpg

final old item on the hoist and a congratulation handshake on surviving the process
ath04.jpg

Had a reccy of the parthenon ready to visit next day. Was pretty busy mid morning so decided to get out early and beat the rush. next day so did everyone else!
ath05.jpg

Someone didn't care about the tourists streaming through..
ath06.jpg

2, 3 and 4 are scary...imagine if he slipped and dropped the sofa (or himself !)

I like the last one, that's a very chilled out dog :cool:

I lived in Greece for 18 months on the island of Rhodes so i know just how they work , i am surprised that they managed to get the furniture job done in a day between all their frappe breaks. :LOL:

Obviously the 'elf and safety police have not reached Athens quite yet!!

Rog

lol that made me laugh loads, I work in Furniture retail can I print this off to show the customers alternatives to the good old £59. delivery charge!!!

Michael.

Back