G11 - Bee's

jfb

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Not posted on here for a while, I have been playing with various "attachments" on my G11 - a couple taken today with a Raynox 2020Pro plus several, achromatic (better quality, double element) close up filters, taking it to +9 dioptres. Rather chuffed with the results... One of my main reasons for getting the G11 to exploit its greater DoF from the smaller sensor, while my 1 Series and 180 lens are possibly easier to use, I would struggle to get these with that combination. C&C welcome...

Coming into land
x8IMG_2242.jpg

Another Bee in flight
x8IMG_2181.jpg

I like the small spider near the top of this one
x8IMG_2216.jpg

Parasites on the side of the bee
x8IMG_2195.jpg

Great attempts without a macro lens! How close did you have to get?!?! The first is my favourite, followed by the second. Numbers 2, 3, and 4 all look like they could do with some more contrast and a bit of tweaking. Good effort though (y)

Chris

Thanks Chris, doing macro with the equivalent of a 300mm equiv lens is not easy, especially as these were taken at around 10cm’s and are full frame, I admit they are a bit of a compromise but I like the content – getting insects in-flight is always a bit of fun and an interesting challenge... I am off to a butterfly farm at the weekend, I will have a go with my G11 and reversed "nifty fifty" that is about the equivalent of a +20 dioptre lens. Re contrast, fully agree, I processed these at lunchtime in bright light, they do look a bit thin in proper light - update, I have given them a small twek, should be a bit darker now!!!

Another BIF - this time basic 140mm lens with a +4 dioptre close up lens, taking the focusing down to around 25cm's

IMG_2017.jpg

Last edited:
Back