Gairsay - Orkney

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Returning from Sanday I took this off the small island of Gairsay off Mainland.

C & C welcome.

Cheers

Andy

Gairsay.jpg

Hi Andy,

What time was this taken? I think you need to consider bracketing or a filter to help lighten the foreground whilst not having too strong a sky.

Gary.

Hi Gary

Used the D40x so no bracketing available, and I need filters (ND grads I think?). It was taken about 6ish and it was the sky I was after, it was very nice, but as you can see it is to the detriment of the fg. Oh well keep on experimenting (and buying things).

Cheers

Andy

I agree I think it is struggling with this exposure, ND filters on the shopping list I think LOL.
Nice try though... you could still manually bracket (if with a tripod) by taking two shots at different exposures and overlay in PP (y)

I agree I think it is struggling with this exposure, ND filters on the shopping list I think LOL.
Nice try though... you could still manually bracket (if with a tripod) by taking two shots at different exposures and overlay in PP (y)

I'm not quite that advanced in PP yet, thats next weeks lesson, and I didn't have a tripod with me, still, we live and learn. Thanks for the help. (y)

Andy

Back