Garden birds from today

Edit My Images
Yes
Went fishing at the weekend, had a few maggots and worms left so put these in the garden. This Starling took full advantage...
IMG_6105.jpg

This one needed drying out after a bath, so where better than on the washing line?
IMG_6124.jpg

This one's a new visitor to our garden, not seen him around before Saturday. Now seen him every day, finally managing to get a shot today.
IMG_6120.jpg

Like the Goldfinch shot have not seen any down are way yet:crying: Did you catch any fish .:thinking:

I always enjoy the antics of the starlings and lovely study of the goldfinch - just ben watching my regular pair on the feeder. Could do with some of your maggots as robin bait.

Like the Goldfinch shot have not seen any down are way yet:crying: Did you catch any fish .:thinking:

Thanks all for the comments. Sightly disappointed that the Goldie isn't sharper around the head, but he hasn't exactly been helpful with staying still enough for me to get a decent shot!

As for fishing - caught a bagful of dace, but no carp for me. One of the guys I was with had a 22lb PB mirror carp - a beautiful fish. The lakes were also full of ducklings, coot chicks, moorhen chicks and goose chicks, so I'll be going back there very soon armed with the camera....!

Could do with some of your maggots as robin bait.

Think my Starlings might have something to say about that! Pop down to your local fishing shop and grab some - a couple of quid will buy you a pint, and that'll last several days if you keep them in the fridge... The birds really do love them, more than mealworm I'd say.

Back