garden birds

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi some more from our garden
C&C very welcome these have just been sharpend and cropped goldfinch by about 50% the others only slightly
350D 70-200L
I finally got a sharp shot of a Great tit today :clap:

IMG_6928cscs-1.jpg

A goldfinch from today, cropped to 8 by 10 format

IMG_6977crop8by10no2s.jpg

A sparrow in the sun, not from today !

IMG_6705cs.jpg

another great tit, from yesterday

IMG_6816s.jpg

Very nice images ... (y) ... the Goldie is beautiful but a little tightly cropped for my own taste ... :shrug:

:p

v good set
goldie - takes the gold! (soz)

Cracking shots - very well done indeed! Love the Goldfinch, it's one of the best Goldie shots I've seen, although I'd sharpen it a little more. I don't get those in the garden at all. :sulk:

Thanks very much :)
Here's the origanal of the Goldfinch and a better crop Origanal is not sharpened
I have been sharpening in CS2 using the following settings :-
smart sharpen
amount 80%
radius 1 pixel
lens blur
what settings do you guys recommend ?
Pete

IMG_6977origanal.jpg

IMG_6977newcrops.jpg

I don't think there's any regular settings I'd recommend Pete as all images are different and need individual consideration. I prefer to use USM in very small increments and keep applying it, keeping an eye on halos or sharpening artifacts appearing.

You're very close to sharp anyway, but I'd just like to see that ring of dots around the eye a little sharper - when the eye looks sharp you've cracked it.

CT,
just so I understand, do you
a) keep increasing the settings in USM until it's gone too far, then back off
b) apply USM several times in succession until it's gone too far, then back off

if you see the difference

TIA

LOL. I see the difference.

(b) is the answer. :D

(y)cheers(y)

Hi I've reconverted the raw file changed the sharpness to hight then resharpened in CS2 I think its an improvement. Also did a slight clone stamp to the bottom right of his eye.
Pete

6977reconvertedsharpnesshighcs.jpg

goldie for me, nice to see the humble spug and the spugs patterning can look great

great set pete and i have to say the goldies a classic and i might dig out some of my unseen images . not yet got the goldies back in the garden so now fresh pics.

cheers

Brilliant set of birdy shots, infact fantastic..... :clap: ( :crying: )

thanks everyone :)
cant wait till the spring should get lots of birds in the garden hoping to get a piccy of a greenfinch this year
Pete

Back