Gary Fong Lightsphere - some example shots

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I used this a couple of days ago for the first time at the Ultimate Rock Experience when in the rehearsal rooms and the studio. Overall pretty good results with even lighting and practically no shadows. Here are three shots all straight from the camera (D200 and SB-600 flash).

Lightsphere-test1.jpg

Lightsphere-test2.jpg

Lightsphere-test3.jpg

totally random comment

the wall panels in the first shot are from my company!

Nothing random about that. You've waited years to be able say it! And the P L U G.....

Nice even lighting, not bad from one gun!

looks crap that white melamine...should have gone for the blue...or the dark grey

Nothing random about that. You've waited years to be able say it! And the P L U G.....

Nice even lighting, not bad from one gun!

When i watch stuff on telly, i get a bit wet in the pants when i see our stuff...very widespread really...

Hmmm - I work for Nokia...... I get quite fed up! Maybe that's why I don't watch commercial TV much :(

When i watch stuff on telly, i get a bit wet in the pants when i see our stuff...very widespread really...

I used to do the same , my old company made the radios used by Fire Brigades & we supplied dummies to the Londons Burning TV show

bit sad really ;)

I used to do the same , my old company made the radios used by Fire Brigades & we supplied dummies to the Londons Burning TV show

bit sad really ;)

god yeah innit, but when its something YOU make, makes it that bit more special...:D

Hmmm - I work for Nokia...... I get quite fed up! Maybe that's why I don't watch commercial TV much :(

Hmmm..:thinking:

I have just bought a Nokia 6280 this week (not delivered yet BTW) and have heard nothing but bad things about this phone since winning it on eBay last weekend.

Whats wrong with this phone..:shrug:

The reviews I read on the internet were very good.:)

Ah, don't pre-judge Tim..... don't work on the Mobile side. Network management, configuration and MMS IT stuff. Cutting edge of Troubleshooting....

matty, do you work for RPG Diffusers then? Trevor Cox (the guy that helps design them for you) is my Professor at uni!!

matty, do you work for RPG Diffusers then? Trevor Cox (the guy that helps design them for you) is my Professor at uni!!

i do indeed. :D i work for RPGEurope. Ive not met Dr Cox yet, some of his designs are a right PITA to make..opticurve for one....:geek: :thinking:

My father owns Rpgeurope (form an orderly queue please ladies) and has helped Dr D'Antonio develop some of the products, the Skyline and Omniffusor are both products we developed and manufacture(my dad will tell you he developed the Skyline...not entirely sure i believe him though, lol)

such a small world! If you need any info or small samples for anything let me know!(y)

wandered a tad off topic i think, lol

Yeah, just a bit! Only just noticed your reply :/

I am going to be studying diffuser design very very soon and RPG is on the list of placement opportunities. One day I might be on your design team!

Small world indeed :)

Yeah, just a bit! Only just noticed your reply :/

I am going to be studying diffuser design very very soon and RPG is on the list of placement opportunities. One day I might be on your design team!

Small world indeed :)

off to the US for placement with RPG as an intern then! nice..

we have a few acousticians who now specify RPG as a result of either being an intern or being on the course with Dr Cox, very cool (y)

Hacker,

Thats a huge improvement over direct on camera flash...very impressive indeed!

Which version do you have, the clear or cloudy one and where did you order it from?

The only down side i can see is that its quite expensive when ordered from the offical UK importers...

Regards,

Pete

Hacker,

Thats a huge improvement over direct on camera flash...very impressive indeed!

Which version do you have, the clear or cloudy one and where did you order it from?

The only down side i can see is that its quite expensive when ordered from the offical UK importers...

Regards,

Pete

I believe hacker got his from the same place I did...

http://www.bbjimports.com/productinfo.html

Fantastic bit of kit and definitely the best on-camera flash diffuser I've come across. I bought the Cloud version which gives a rather warm appearance to shots compared to the Clear.

Certainly not cheap, but worth every penny IMHO.

I agree with CT as to how well they perform, I also got the Cloud version from BBJ Imports and I'm very pleased with it.

Back