Gary, MTB Jump - Lomond Hills, Fife

Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quick sequence of shots of my future son-in-law taken yesterday morning down the side of the Lomond Hills in Fife. Was very cold and no light at all :( For some reason or other I stopped the sequence before landing :thinking: which is a pity as it was perfect, no idea why I stopped, maybe it was to look and see if he was landing ok with my own eyes so to speak. And yes he now has me on a bike too, but no way will I be tackling stuff like this ;)

The Run In
233325995-L.jpg

Take-off
233326743-L.jpg

Mid Air
233327047-L.jpg

Pick the Spot
233326557-L.jpg

Coming Down
233326245-L.jpg

Flash Version
233327629-L.jpg

Mike.

Nice sequence!

#3 is the outstanding one IMO.

Pick the spot is the one for me, nice set well done.

I think No 2 should be called "point of no return" instead of take off and is that a look of fear or concentration? I think this is a good sets of shots if the light was bad.....I think I like the flash version best but can't put my finger on why!! nice one

Hi folks,

glad you like them, they aren't the greatest of shots but with the light just now you takes what you gets. These are taken on the North side of the Lomonds last Sunday morning so you can imagine how dark it was. Gary is pretty good at the jumping and makes it look so easy, I am dying to try one, but at my age it's a bit risky ;) Will hopefully get more done once we get some decent light.

Mike.

I'll need to watch out for you two next time I'm out walking there :)

Well you'll hear me before you see me, with the brakes squealing so hard :D

Mike.

I prefer the flash version at the end, something about the harsh lighting against the trees and bike.

The white balance is a little off in the non flash versions imo.

:)

I like the flash one best....the background movement with the rider frozen is what makes it, along with the being able to see the rider's face lit up. Great sequence!

Thanks for the comments, they would have been better with a decent flash as the inbuilt one on the Canon is really a waste of time, they would have been as well not bothering :D

Planning a new flash unit sometime soon so will try and see if I can improve on these.

Happy New Year,

Mike.

Hey there bro, good set there and yes cant quite believe that your on a bike, cant even remember you on a bike when we were kids.......................

kev

Hey there bro, good set there and yes cant quite believe that your on a bike, cant even remember you on a bike when we were kids.......................

kev
Cheeky B****r, it's probably because you were too young :crying:

Well you know I'm at that funny age and I can't afford/don't want a motorbike so figure a push bike next best thing :D

Mind you I say push bike......

235445057-L.jpg

See ya,

Mike.

Back