Gatwick

Edit My Images
Yes
I can't make my mind up. Sometimes I think this works, sometimes I don't.

240836763-L.jpg

I think it works, but the reflections are slightly distracting to me (y)

That's what I don't know if I like. As badger' stated no they aren't reflections they are the scene post-train as the exposure was so long. I think it would have worked if the exposure was stopped before the train passed.

Ah I see - I still like it though:D

That's what I don't know if I like. As badger' stated no they aren't reflections they are the scene post-train as the exposure was so long. I think it would have worked if the exposure was stopped before the train passed.

You might be right. Is this a shot you could go back and redo?

I have a sneaky feeling that the depth the background is adding to the shot is a plus though.

Its different! And I like it! The juxtaposition of the sharp sign and the blurred train works well for me

That works well for me, have been thinking on doing sumthing the same with a level crossing. Just waiting on my wide angle lens to come

Could go back and redo this, but not for a few weeks. I would say this was quite a difficult shot for "Joe public" to do here at Gatwick. Tripods at this sort of station probably attract the interest of the very tight station security.
How did I not get challeneged, well probably the company uniform and Hi-Vi probably help :) But still makes me feel quite consicious, train spotters are the butt of many a railmans jokes, and you do stick out a mile this time of night.
BTW I'm not a "chuff-nut" just an keen photographer who likes transport photos and has access to the raiway for a living.:naughty::naughty:
Make = Canon
Model = Canon EOS 30D

Exposure Time = 15"
F Number = F6.3
Exposure Program = Shutter priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 100
Exif Version = Version 2.21
Date Time Original = 2008-01-05 23:20:10
Date Time Digitized = 2008-01-05 23:20:10
Shutter Speed Value = -3.91 TV
Aperture Value = 5.31 AV
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV