Geminids

very nicely captured! what are you interested in capturing in astro photography? as it makes a BIG difference to your setup for planets or deep space....

id suggest "the" book to be read before anything
http://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html

i was so close to selling up my comeplete telescope imaging setup the last few weeks, just so annoyed with the amount of clear skies we get in the UK :( and i wanted to fund some L lenses, but decided to keep in the end and see how we get on with 2015, cant be much worse

Well done John on getting a Geminid. I've been out several years seen some and captured none, always pointing in wrong part of sky or shutter closing as one appears.
This meteorite photography takes a lot of patience (and some luck). Shame the clouds rolled in as I find that they usually ruin my exposures

very nicely captured! what are you interested in capturing in astro photography? as it makes a BIG difference to your setup for planets or deep space....

id suggest "the" book to be read before anything
http://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html

i was so close to selling up my comeplete telescope imaging setup the last few weeks, just so annoyed with the amount of clear skies we get in the UK :( and i wanted to fund some L lenses, but decided to keep in the end and see how we get on with 2015, cant be much worse
I would like to get into deep space images, I am quite lucky that I live in the countryside so have very little light pollution, I will definitely have a read of the material you recommended.

This is a very very good image nicely done!
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment, I apprecia your kind words.

Well done John on getting a Geminid. I've been out several years seen some and captured none, always pointing in wrong part of sky or shutter closing as one appears.
This meteorite photography takes a lot of patience (and some luck). Shame the clouds rolled in as I find that they usually ruin my exposures
Many thanks, as you say it's down to lots of luck and I guess I got lucky this time.

Technically I'd say that you've done really well, it's nicely exposed the focus is good and more over you've actually captured a meteor, what I would say is the composition location isn't all that interesting, I'm much rather have seen some nice landscape or a local landmark included in frame over what appears to be the end of a garden shed...I'd say however you've made a good start for your first attempt at this type of thing and I look forward to seeing you take the skills you've learned to somewhere more interesting :LOL:

Matt

Back