Gene's back!

Indeed.....I think I enjoyed that episode as much as Life on Mars

maybe follow ons can be as good :)

Never missed an episode of Life on Mars and hope I don't miss any of these.
Love it.

Just loved it, the writers and the lines they use are great.

Funniest/Politically incorrect line I can remember - Chris:"How can they give that much power to someone who has periods"

Hunt: “Blimey, if your skirt was hitched any higher, I'd see what you had for breakfast”

:D

It was like in the last series where gene comes out with " walking like a spastic in a magnet factory" I sprayed tea all over the room !!!

I didn't watch it, had too much to do, but I have it ready to watch today / tonight :D

From the previews it looks really good. I've been waiting a long time for this (y)

I didn't enjoy it as much as LoM. It feels like a desperate attempt to bring Gene Hunt back more than anything. We already know whats going on, theres no mystery like LoM. Some funny one liners doesn't make an entire show, even if they are good. Plus the 80's was horrendous :) At least the 70's had some slightly cool stuff. I hope it gets better but LoM had us all guessing right up until about 10 minutes before then end. Even then it still managed to surprise. Thats not there now.

TBH I wasn't a fan of the "What's going on" element of LoM, I found it too surreal. I was more interested in watching how he interacted with the past, with his knowledge of the 00's. That for me was much more fun.

Ah. See I love that stuff. Its what made the show for me. Some episodes you thought he was back in time, others you thought he was in a coma.

I'm like Marcel, I loved seeing the modern day politically correct way of thinking/policing pitched against the way it was then, and with Drake being a police psychologist you don't get more modern day thinking than that I guess.

I just watched it, and for the first 10 minutes I was watching it with a big cheesy grin. Hunt's one liners, Drake finding her feet....thats the stuff for me.

I really enjoyed the episode TBH, definite keeper for me. The only thing I didn't like was the bit on the boat

Where Gene and the boys got the speedboat and turned up with guns
. Just too unrealistic. It's London, not Florida Keys...lol

I was going to mention that as it was just cheese on cheese toast, but figured people would say its in the spirit of the show.

I was a bit disappointed to be honest. I have to agree with Petemc about missing the element of intrigue. I also thought that the acting was a bit lame and the writing a bit ott.

I'll give it a few more episodes but my impression so far is that it was rather like watching a school drama class re-enact an episode of the A-Team.

Oh yeah, I must admit Keeley Hawes looked mighty fine :naughty:

She was a lovely lookin lass in Spooks, she's a lovely lookin lass in this :D

I liked it but as said before there isnt the mystery of real or fantasy as in LOM,

small point tho they have a '82' model quattro, '81' one is LHD (apart from a few converted by David Sutton Motorsport) with 4 small headlights ;)

The first left hand drive versions were available in the spring of 1981 in the UK, but Right Hand Drive followed in the Autumn of 1982. The first cars are easily identifiable by their twin headlamps, six inch Ronal wheels (seven inch Fuchs as options) and black boot spoilers.

Wow, that's actually quite an oversight on the researchers part isn't it?

I was going to mention that but I thought you'd all take the pee !

I always fancied a Quattro, but finding a decent one for reasonable money is a bit of a toughy.

I liked it but as said before there isnt the mystery of real or fantasy as in LOM,

small point tho they have a '82' model quattro, '81' one is LHD (apart from a few converted by David Sutton Motorsport) with 4 small headlights ;)

The first left hand drive versions were available in the spring of 1981 in the UK, but Right Hand Drive followed in the Autumn of 1982. The first cars are easily identifiable by their twin headlamps, six inch Ronal wheels (seven inch Fuchs as options) and black boot spoilers.

In quite a few of the pre-series interviews Gene Hunt (can't remember the actors name ) said it was the wrong model so he was waiting for the comments from the petrolheads :D

Wow, that's actually quite an oversight on the researchers part isn't it?

Is it an oversight or deliberate. Remember the Mk3 Cortina in Life on Mars was a mish mash of 2000 GXL (accurate for the period) and a 2000E which didn't come out till later.
To me this added to the element of things not being quite right and adding yo the mystery of the programme.
Sam Tyler probably would not have been aware of such fine details and nor would Alex.

If you made up a world set in the 80's would you remember if the car came out in 80, 81 or 82? Me, he'd be in a Delorean :D Off the top of my head thats about the only car I can think of from the 80's.

I cant wait.. i m liking this..

I think on Top Gear they said the Cartina was a 2000E badged up as a GXL.. well, something like that...

I was going to mention that but I thought you'd all take the pee !

I always fancied a Quattro, but finding a decent one for reasonable money is a bit of a toughy.

I have had a 1982 one (1 of the first 50 rhd's)and then 1985 one had to get rid of them when the children took up to much room, no room for pushcairs in the boot:eek:

Back