Georgia, Set of Five

Name
Michael Lyons
Edit My Images
Yes
My daughter Georgia has Cerebral Palsy and is very difficult to photograph, well for me anyway as I have taken so many photos of her the novelty has warn off:(

But these were taken a few weeks ago and I would love your opinions!

3277365458_a103cb51be.jpg

3276544767_6385b968d6.jpg

3277365674_666f73771c.jpg

3276545477_fbe8a5e851.jpg

3276545619_4f55611ec3.jpg

I think its a lovely set of shots.

Im not experienced enough to offer any technical C + C so all I can say is that 3 and 4 are my favorites of the set (3 if I had to choose).

She looks relaxed in front of the camera and a tad cheeky with it.

now i dont normally bother doing this but i will today...;)

no1
for me there is to much light on the face . also the reflections need to go..

no2
reflections (y)
but its the top of the head being slightly cropped .." i would prefer a tighter crop or space left.."

no3
eye contact would have been my preference. also not keen on the hands being cut off at the wrists.

no4
again slightly to bright on the face for me. shame theer is a bit of hair cropped out the shot . only a little but it is:razz:
i do like the pose and movement in the hair.

no 5
this is one of mt fav pose's at the moment only a smile would have improved it for me .. but i'm sure she was fed up by then...

PLEASE bear in mind this is me being as honest as i can be ;)

and feel free to ignore me i'm sure many people do:LOL:

md(y)

Cheers guys

bully she 's cheeky

md thanks for your comments I will agree they look very bright but I have them printed out and for some reason they are not so bright on prints, oh and she is very pale!

1 I agree about the reflection in the glasses but I'm not good enough to remove it and by the time I noticed it I couldn't get her back in the studio

2 I would of liked eye contact but it was the best one in that pose (the little bugger)

3 yes I was gutted when I realised the hair was out of shot

4 your right she was about to explode but then ;)

Last edited:
(y)

as i am sure you are aware i was being umber picky ..

and i am sure you know these are good shots (y) but could do with a few tweaks imho.
;)

i was right with my comment yesterday it was worth waiting for your next post...(y)

md(y)

really nice shot.s definitely 4 and 5 for me and agrees it was a real shame to have cropped her hair.

no.5 I would have liked to see more space but i think thats only going with what I like as a canvas or print. I also like the wellies on her as I was half expecting bare feet as they normally shoot.

I like them alot and my 2 boys are fed up of me trying to practise taking shots of them around the lounge. Cheers for sharing

Last edited:
A good set, she looks like a great girl and you must be very proud!

My favourites are Numbers 3 and 5 (especially 5)!

:clap::clap:

Hi, I love the last one for all of the reasons above, and because it's such a nice natural shot, kids don't smile all of the time.
This might sound like an odd thing to pick up on but I like the way she's looking over the top of her glasses. I have quite a strong prescription myself and while I like my specs I'm not keen on what they do to my eyes. So I really like being able to see her eyes but still have her glasses as a main feature of her face.

Oh, and I do like Georgia's top. If they do them in adult sizes please let me know. ;)

Number 4 is my favourite. She looks so lovely and natural - and relaxed! Even if she was spitting feathers by then!
Caroline

Hi, I use 2 Stellar 150W Flash Heads with two 1000x1000 softboxes the room is all white giving reflection from all angles

The camera settings were:

shutter speed 1/200
f8
custom WB

Welcome to TP Georgia's Dad. I like this set especially the more relaxed poses. Keeping children engaged in studio is difficult and something I need to work on, little and often may be the way to go.(y)

she has a great habbit of only looking at me when I put the camera down and the other way as soon as I pick it back up again :(

lol I know that feeling... I get a lot of oh dad not again!:naughty:

I love it around there I've run the North Norfolk 7 a couple of times which starts at Gressham School

Back