Gerkinchurch

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
A well covered subject, but one that I had to have in my meagre efforts to capture some of the London city landscapes... can I call this a landscape?

The exposure and colours are just about the same as they where when it came out of the camera.
But I have done a large amount of distortion correction (not sure if I should have or not) and edited out a few bits and bobs.

The sky looks a bit fake I think...it’s not though. ;) suggestions?

Last nights effort, what do you think?
Edit; best viewed by lowering your head and looking from bottom up. ;)

gerkinchurchsmall.jpg

I quite like it, looks a little surreal with the old church in the foreground, which I think adds to the composition. Its well balanced by managing to avoid too much sky.
Very nicely done though, sharp on the lattice work and managed to expose for detail and lighting very well.

I would have to agree that the skyt doesnt quite look right, looks like theres quite abit of noise present in that area of the pic.
Possibly you might wish to clone out the parked motorbikes, I dont think they really play a part, and are possibly a bit distracting.

All in my own inexperienced opinion, Im sure someone will be along soon to give a much better critique(y)

Thanks for sharing:)

Thanks for you nice comments Warspite.
I wasn't sure about the bikes either (And the lamp post?), but being a motorcyclist I thought, "Leave 'em in", also, they could just as well add detail and interest; donno really :shrug:

Also one of them is mine. ... not that mysterious ghostly fella. ;)

Exposure was one huge compromise, so thanks for that...although any tips would be great guys?
I'm also pondering on placing a darker shadow background in the top sky....for balance possibly. :thinking:

you could create a new layer and lower the brightness for the sky, see if that helps? im not really any good at correcting piccies though, so will let someone else suggest stuff

I have a sort of split opinion about this shot. I like the mixture of the old and the new, but then it could almost look as though the gherkin has been photoshopped in as it looks out of place (I know it hasn't).

I agree that the bikes are probably a bit of a distraction, although saying that, they give a sense of scale to the shot.

The colour of the sky is probably due to light pollution, but I think you have done a good job in getting the exposure right. Maybe it would be interesting to see what the shot looks like with a dark blue sky as opposed to a brown one :shrug:

Overall, a well balanced shot! And I still think that that thing looks like a giant sized Ann Summers toy :naughty:

I have an almost identical shot taken during daylight hours! My office is a 5 minute walk away

minimeeze said:
And I still think that that thing looks like a giant sized Ann Summers toy :naughty:

It's lovingly known as the butt**** round here, or the Ann Summers HQ! :LOL:

Excuse the delay in answering peeps, been rushing about and all that.

minimeeze said:
The colour of the sky is probably due to light pollution, but I think you have done a good job in getting the exposure right. Maybe it would be interesting to see what the shot looks like with a dark blue sky as opposed to a brown one :shrug:
Yeah, I think your right, dark blue, maybe with a hint of gradient from the base into dark blue about half way up onwards, and I may try the layer idea as well, thanks Matty.

I give them both a try later and post up the result. Hopefully darkening the sky will remove the odd look of the pictures 'separate' looking background.

So, if this is known as the Ann summers or B**t plug, does that make the church a tickler attachment... with rubber spires and all that. ;)

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. (y)

Forbiddenbiker said:
So, if this is known as the Ann summers or B**t plug, does that make the church a tickler attachment... with rubber spires and all that. ;)

PMSL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back