Getting a camera...

Name
Shona
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, looking for a bit of advise.

I want to get a decent camera, or at least decent for my price range! It'll be my first "proper" camera. I was thinking of getting the FujiFilm FinePix S8000fd, its £99.99 refurb from FujiFilm. I know its a Bridge camera and wont be as good as DSLR. But thought I'd start if small and see how I go. Is this camera any good? I currently have a Kodak C183 point and shoot which is alright, so will I notice a difference in picture quality with the S8000fd? I do find my current camera takes quite dark photo's, well the background seems dark...I may just be rubbish at taking photos though! lol

Hi, looking for a bit of advise.

I want to get a decent camera, or at least decent for my price range! It'll be my first "proper" camera. I was thinking of getting the FujiFilm FinePix S8000fd, its £99.99 refurb from FujiFilm. I know its a Bridge camera and wont be as good as DSLR. But thought I'd start if small and see how I go. Is this camera any good? I currently have a Kodak C183 point and shoot which is alright, so will I notice a difference in picture quality with the S8000fd? I do find my current camera takes quite dark photo's, well the background seems dark...I may just be rubbish at taking photos though! lol
Hi,
I haven't tried the S8000fd but my wife uses the S7000 and has taken some great photo's with it so the newer model should be even better. Before buying a refurbed one check out places like Argos and Ebay/Amazon etc because you can find some real bargains and recently Argos were having a sale with big reductions.
There's nothing wrong with bridge camera's and are ideal for anyone wanting more control over their shots with Manual settings etc, you can also get teleconverters to fit most (Sigma TCON17 is a cracker) to extend the zoom range (avoid Opteka tele's as they are crap) most bridge camera's have live view which DSLR's are only just getting into and also video feature. The Fuji's are excellent value.I personally love the super Macro feature on the Fuji's (you can take shots as close as 1cm on most!
The main problem when buying your 1st "proper" camera is you tend to get the bug! which most other people on here will aggree with? and it can lead you into an expensive hobby so beware LoL
Keep us posted on your progress and I'm sure the other guys etc on here will offer a few tips
Cheers
Brian
http://www.cameras.co.uk/reviews/fuji-finepix-s8000fd.cfm

Back