Beginner Getting started with speedlight softbox

Edit My Images
Yes
On the recommendations from this forum my Neewer pop up speed box has arrived. It's this one here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016MKKAXI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

However I've got a couple of really basic questions that hopefully someone will be able to answer

1 How do I attach the ring to the softbox. I don't want to force anything so I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing !!

2 I've loosened the tilt handle but the assembly doesn't seem to want to tilt. Is there a knack or have I got a duff one

Any help much appreciated

1, it springs round the mount, I usually put the top and one side on first, then clip the bottom round, then the last side. When you've finished just pull it off.

2, the tilt handle springs out to ratchet, are you sure you're actually undoing it?

1, it springs round the mount, I usually put the top and one side on first, then clip the bottom round, then the last side. When you've finished just pull it off.

2, the tilt handle springs out to ratchet, are you sure you're actually undoing it?

Phil

Thanks for that. Just a bit stiff to pull the fabric around at the moment.

The tilt handle works l hadn't realised it was sprung......doh

How easy is it to fold this away? I had one but bent it. I just tried to fold it away but I can't seem to work it out!

How easy is it to fold this away? I had one but bent it. I just tried to fold it away but I can't seem to work it out!

I'm not certain, I haven't got that advanced yet !!! It does seem quite rigid though

Dead easy if you're already familiar with pop up reflectors.

I got my first pop up reflector twenty odd years ago when they were quite a novelty, but nowadays the concept is really common.

I bought the fotga softbox a while back http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00RGQU8BW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00 and they all pretty much fold the same way but I ensure I don't go against the way it want's to fold. When they arrive they will have been in their folded position for quite some time so should fold easier one way than against the opposite way, does any of that make sense?

I've got a pop up reflector which I can fold away, but even when I watched a video on youtube I failed to fold my softbox. I may just pay out more and get this and an S fit bracket.

I've got a pop up reflector which I can fold away, but even when I watched a video on youtube I failed to fold my softbox. I may just pay out more and get this and an S fit bracket.
Ha ha, I've mastered that one. Have a dry run without the reflector. Put your hands out in front of you as if you had it in your hands, palms outward and thumbs down then twist opposite ways, damn it's difficult to describe.

I'm afraid I'm admitting defeat this afternoon after half an hours worth of wrestling and some good old fashioned Anglo Saxon I'm still struggling to get more than half the fabric around the ring. Is this normal or am I missing something really obvious ?

on mine the hole doesn't go round the ring, the four rear points of the triangles spring over top, bottom and sides to hold it in place. Yours might be the same.
Cheers
J

on mine the hole doesn't go round the ring, the four rear points of the triangles spring over top, bottom and sides to hold it in place. Yours might be the same.
Cheers
J

You're a star, many thanks. I was trying work out the claims of easy to assemble

Back