Getting to know a place

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I decided to write a blog, I've shot the same image through different seasons at different times of days.

Yes it is nearby, and this is what makes it special as I can get images there much more easily.

http://www.sftphotography.co.uk/loch-lomond-inveruglus-jetty-seasons/

Whilst I love to travel far, quite often that can be tricky. What do you think

I think that there's limited scope for this kind of thing though it's a worthy idea up to a point - and it's been done before. Yes the light changes, but a repeated composition soon becomes boring. I think that what would have more merit as a portrait of place would be to photograph at varied times of day and season and in varied conditions, but with each framing being particular to a momentary inspiration rather than a fixed ritual.

I like that Steve but it would work better if you had the 4 shots cycling through on a slide show to accentuate the subtle seasonal changes.

I've seen these 'series' before and the ones that really stand out to me are those with dramatic changes usually involving trees/colour change / fall and then a sprinkling of lucky snow!

Good on you for doing this and sharing a personal project - thanks

Reactions: ST4
I like that Steve but it would work better if you had the 4 shots cycling through on a slide show to accentuate the subtle seasonal changes.

I've seen these 'series' before and the ones that really stand out to me are those with dramatic changes usually involving trees/colour change / fall and then a sprinkling of lucky snow!

Good on you for doing this and sharing a personal project - thanks

I am working on such a thing for Glencoe.

Loch Tay would also work through the seasons.

Back