Getting to Wembley Stadium?

Matt.

Judge Dredd
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so this is slightly random, but i'm going to see the Foo Fighters in June at Wembley Stadium. I never go to London so don't really know the best way to get to the place. I'll be come from Herefordshire and don't really know how i should travel. I assume there's no point in taking the car, so maybe the train would be best?

Any advice would be great :)

Thanks!

Foo Fighters...Awesome band (y)

Train or coach is your best bet...If you do bring a car don't attempt to park in any of the roads nearby. You will be clamped and towed before you can say Monkey Wrench... Wembley Park station does have a paid car park but it gets full pretty quickly.

Enjoy the gig by the way!

where in herefordshire are you coming from ?

nearest stations are wembley park (on metropolitan line and jubilee line) or wembley stadium on the overground network. Wembley station isnt too far, but you will need a bus to get to the stadium from there.

the metropolitan line has quite a few out-lying stations (uxbridge, amersham, watford) so you could park at one of those and go from there. just be careful you dont get on one of the fast trains that dont stop at wembley park.

Ok so this is slightly random, but i'm going to see the Foo Fighters in June at Wembley Stadium. I never go to London so don't really know the best way to get to the place. I'll be come from Herefordshire and don't really know how i should travel. I assume there's no point in taking the car, so maybe the train would be best?

Any advice would be great :)

Thanks!

Take the car, public transport sucks. Be prepared to be squeezed on like sardines on the train when leaving. There is plenty of parking at Wembley Stadium and surrounding industrial unit car parks. Most take online bookings at £25.00, you should be able to find links from Wembley Stadium website or google parking. You may even find parking on the day at £10.00. That was the case when I went to Race of Champions last December. Just don't knock you parking lights on when you get out of the car, you'll come back to a flat battery like I did.:LOL: Leaving by car was no problem, it took longer for the car park attendants to be able to get their car to give me a jump start than it did to drive away from Wembley.

How easy is it to drive there though? Won't it get really busy? It's on a Friday though so maybe it'll be ok? (or maybe it'll be worse?! haha).

If i was to take the car, could you recommend a parking place?

Take a train into Central London and the tube from there, to Wembley Park (Jubilee & Metropolitan lines)

Steve

If the concert is in the evening or on the weekend I would suggest you travel to Harrow on the Hill station by car and catch the tube (Metropolitan Line) from there to Wembley Park.

There are quite a few roads within minutes walk from Harrow on the Hill that offer free parking in the evenings and on weekends, and then the train ride is only some 15 minutes away. Getting from Harrow to the motorways is relatively easy as well.

Let me know if you want further details.

Book a train into London in advance, it shouldn't cost more than £20 for 2 singles (one there one back....works out cheaper!), then tube/bus! I went to see Muse last year and my dad and I had to get back to Liverpool St Station in about 25 mins and the tube was closed so had to get a taxi and only made it by a matter of seconds!! Otherwise it would have been a night in London so do make sure you have plans and back up plans for gettting home :)

Back