Gillette razor blades - wtf??

GfK

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
I went to buy some more razor blades recently. I bought one of those 'M3 Power' razors a while ago so was looking for blades for that.

They were £6.98 for 4 in Tesco. :LOL:

Alongside it, were some normal Mach 3 Turbo blades at £4.98 for 4. Having not been convinced that the M3 Power razor made any difference, I got regular ones.

Now, imagine my amazement when I tried to put a regular blade on my M3 Power razor, and it fitted and worked perfectly!!

The blades are identical to look at (apart from the little strip across the back of the blade is a different colour), yet Gillette see fit to put an extra 50p per blade on the RRP, even though it seems only the packaging is different.

How can they possibly be allowed to get away with this?? :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

</rant>

These things remind me of inkjet cartridges :annoyed:

I assume that the M3 Power is the battery operated razor....?

So is it the actual razor that's different then? IE The bit that moves?

i think the gillette has a battery that makes it vibrate or something, but clearly the green strip makes it go faster.

Those that have seen me will know i know sod all about razors, the last time i met one of them was the first time i shaved, never used one since, leccy trimmers for me all the way

No, no, no, it has a battery so that saddos think it will attact women!

Reminds me of the one day contact lenses that you use once then throw away, or if you put them into a solution like 1 month ones or normal ones they will actually last you about a month.

I just get the cheap throw away razors with the lubricating strip. Work just as well as the rip off blades that they sell.

Or you could be like me, one of those boys who, at school, got teased for not having facial hair, or being 'advanced' in my hirsuit development etc.

Yeah sure, I didn't get hairy legs till I was about 25...lol
But who's having the last laugh now eh? Those teasers now have to shave once or twice a day.
Once a week or fortnight is enough for me :D

Ner ner ni ner ner

I wish I could get away with shaving just once a week, I detest shaving with a passion. :(

Aye, even after a shave it looks like I could do with a shave. :(

Boo hoo.

Steve said:
I wish I could get away with shaving just once a week, I detest shaving with a passion. :(

Grow a beard. :)

Then at the end of the week say you've got fed up with it and shave and go on like that :D

ahh but it itches and now I have a lady that would complain about it "scratching"

McMav said:
Grow a beard. :)

Then at the end of the week say you've got fed up with it and shave and go on like that :D

thats what i do, im on week 3 of my current facehair growing marathon, getting a bit itchy now though, so might remove it tonight:D

Not till I've had a soak in the bath and done my nails

oh well, at least you wont have to shave your legs!

Personaly, I shave as little as poss, I get real bad sore neck otherwise. and no amount of moisturising helps before anone suggests it.

now, and end to this emmasculation!

Lets talk about breasts and cars and spanners and curry and beer and football!

gandhi said:
Lets talk about breasts and cars and spanners and curry and beer and football!

Well if you want to talk about tits, tools, and balls, we could discuss politics and Tony Blair if you really want :p

Beards are a no-no.
All psychos have beards - Harold Shipman, Peter Sutcliffe, Osama bin Laden etc. it's as if they have something to hide
Facial hair is a sign of madness and psychotic tendencies.
Shave it all off every day or you're a wierdo.

As is someone with an extraordinarily large head. Can't trust em.

I'm serious. Someone told me a few years ago, people with overly large heads are shifty....I've yet to disprove it to him...

Arkady said:
Facial hair is a sign of madness and psychotic tendencies.
Shave it all off every day or you're a wierdo.

damn, ive been rumbled:coat:

Marcel said:
As is someone with an extraordinarily large head. Can't trust em.

You would love the book I've been reading. Found it in drawer at my mums - belonged to great Aunt... The book of medical knowledge. Contains the most up to date medical facts - from 1890 :)

Whole chapter on Physiognomy - the pseudo science of determining a persons character by their facial features. Fascinating stuff.

Couple of pages.... (p496 says you are wrong :p )

book1.jpg

book2.jpg

Back