Gimbal help please.

moomike

TPer Emeritus
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Right, have a job coming up that I'd like to shoot some video for, but all of my research has come back with nothing but unanswered questions (and a lot of really frustrated Android users :LOL:)

I have been looking into buying a gimbal to use with my phone - I have access to the Note20 (which is a bit of a monster and probably too heavy for a standard gimbal) or the Galaxy S9+ both of these are fine with 4K at 60fps, but I cannot for the life of me find a suitable gimbal that would allow me to shoot at that resolution on Android (all support for 4K60fps seems to be with IOS) The Zhiyun smooth 4 comes highly recommended, but not for Android, the Osmo is the same I think, but I've read conflicting things on that one too.

Does anyone in the know have any recommendations for a suitable mobile gimbal that would fit my needs as I haven't got the foggiest.

Cheers in advance,

Mike (y)

If it's an android phone you may not have the ability to control the phone from the gimbal but it will still operate as a gimbal. You will just have to start and stop recording on the phone rather than the gimbal.

Back