Gimbal suggestions for GoPro?

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I would like to buy a suitable gimbal for the GoPro. I use a Hero 10 without any media mod or extras. I don't vlog but I do want to take better travel videos for myself.
I bought an Inkee Falcon Plus after watching a review which mistakenly mentioned it has a timelapse feature which I really wanted to utilise.

Any suggestions and 1st hand experience welcomed!

Another question I had was whether I really need a gimbal or am I throwing good money away... Here is the kind of footage I thought would be noticeably better with a gimbal. I took this in Bali...

Bali Villa Intro

Always appreciate your informative opinions and feedback.

I got rid of my gimbal when I got the 8 black, so I'm assuming that the 10 is equally as good if not better. The up and down walking motion will still show with most gimbals but can be reduced in post. Personally I wouldn't waste my money or alternatively put the money towards a powerful editor. Warp stabilizer in premiere pro is excellent.

I've not had any luck finding any recent gimbals and they seem to have just dried up, the Feiyutech WG2x is the most recent model I can find but I'm not sure if it will support newer and slightly bigger models like the GoPro10 or the Action 3 I use. I've used a Zhiyun Rider M for a while which has worked well but it's not weather sealed and it's a hassle charging the batteries outwith the gimbal but in comparison to the Osmo Action 3, while the newer camera does have impressive stabilisation I've found the image quality suffers when going through forests and similar (I use it for mountain biking) and there's a noticeable amount of noise. I'm tempted to try the WG2X and see if I can get it working with the bigger camera so I could turn the digital stabilisation off but you do have to be careful with gimbals and if they're overloaded or unbalanced, they won't work well.

Doesn't the GoPro have a built-in timelapse feature?

Cheers for the info so far, I'll add that the Hero 10 doesn't perform great in low light situations where the hypersmooth needs to be turned off.

And the time-lapse feature is inbuilt but the gimbal would rotate at a slow rate to add another 'dimension' to the timelapse

I think the question is really is the ginbal better than the built in stabilisation? I dont have the 10, but videos I've seen seem better than some gimbals I've seen. Be an interesting side by side comparrison for someone.

I’d agree but there’s other uses for a gimbal over the usual handheld approach. And for £80-100 that the entry level ones cost I think it’s a worth a shot. You can tell a difference when I’ve viewed comparisons.

I think the 11 is another level though.

Last edited:
I have an Inkee Falcon that I use with my Hero 9, it works well enough. I'm guessing the Plus version has the timelapse option as my original one doesnt. If I'm shooting a moving timelapse I just use my Syrp Genie.

Back