Giotto Rocket blower.

Galaxy66

Jeremy Beadle
Name
My name is Mal not Jeremy :)
Edit My Images
Yes
I have bought one of these based on what I have read of them. The company makes the following claim ["Air inlet valve design prevents air's back flow from air nozzle"].
Now this, as I read it, means no air including the dust you have just removed should be sucked back into the bulb via the nozzle. As the air inlet valve is only at the bottom of the bulb and neither opens nor closes during operation the air is expelled and enters via the nozzle making the claim false.
There are ways around this, but at £7.49 for a cheaply made product from China it should do what it says on the label.

Try squeezing it , block the nozzle then let go of the body. It should then re-inflate via the bottom valve.

Mine does :)

I think what he means is it would also inflate if you closed off the bottom hole. I've got a large one as les dawson might have said ;) though I use it for cleaning the dust out of electronics not my camera, I reckon it's pretty powerful.

Try squeezing it , block the nozzle then let go of the body. It should then re-inflate via the bottom valve.

Mine does :)

That's what I mean there are ways around it, but, if there had been a valve working in reverse at the top as well it would live up to it's claims.
I just do not accept a company making making false on their products so on that point it is being returned. I will look at other makes, I believe some have filters in them so they won't shotblast the dust back out.

It does but very slowly , compared to the amount of dust sucked up it's bottom the dust from the top is insignificant.

If that makes sense :D

//edit //

It's not a hoover , it's meant to dislodge dust & blow it away :)

I have a speck of dust on the mirror which I know does not matter, but I am going to leave well alone rather than make things worse and the Rocket blower (not a hoover;))is being returned.

Back