Giottos Rocket Air Blower

Edit My Images
Yes
Just thought i'd share my experience with the Giottos Rocket, this is the medium sized one i believe...

This was aprox 1 year's worth of dust and crud on my sensor. So i finally decided enough was enough and bought a blower, wasn't as scary as i thought in the end, the results speak for themselves really, best 7 squid i spent in ages.

Still don't fancy the dry brush or wet swabs yet, if it ain't broke don't fix it is my motto.

Camera was mounted on tripod so that it was faced downward so dust would fall out, and shots were taken at f/22 at my wall.

Before:

187.JPG

After 1st few blasts:

249.JPG

After 2nd few blasts:

340.JPG

Very pleased with the outcome, would recommend to anyone.

JB

I've got one I use for work, it's bleeding powerful!

Bought one when I got my camera, almost my best ever purchase :)

It's the only thing I've ever needed to use to clean my sensor, after a few blasts the sensor is usually clean.

was wondering about getting one of these but i have a stupid question... i have noticed they are available in 3 sizes(small, medium and large). which would be best for Canon 400D and 40D?

I use one too. Great for blowing dust off filters and lens. Yet to clean my sensor as its not too old yet and is pretty clean. Also used on the laptop for dust free screen and keys lol

I have the same one and yes its very good. I started out with a jessops one and man did that make a mess of my sensor.:bang:

was wondering about getting one of these but i have a stupid question... i have noticed they are available in 3 sizes(small, medium and large). which would be best for Canon 400D and 40D?

It's more a case of which one fits your hand best, they are all good, I'd say get the biggest one unless you have tiny hands.

It's more a case of which one fits your hand best, they are all good, I'd say get the biggest one unless you have tiny hands.

LOL no danger of that with these big old meat hooks :LOL:

thanks for the advice

I have the same one and yes its very good. I started out with a jessops one and man did that make a mess of my sensor.:bang:

I think the Giottos one has a built in dust filter to prevent it from breathing in dust to blow onto your sensor, a mistake i wouldn't want to make :shake:

JB

I started out with a jessops one and man did that make a mess of my sensor.:bang:

Oh dear, I bought the Jessops one also ( it is made by Giotto - thats why I bought it ) Haven't used it yet as I only have the Kit lens so far. Was your Jessops model made by Giotto ? :bonk:

Oh dear, I bought the Jessops one also ( it is made by Giotto - thats why I bought it ) Haven't used it yet as I only have the Kit lens so far. Was your Jessops model made by Giotto ? :bonk:
Im not sure who made my jussops blower, it looks nothing like the Giotto one I have, its just a gray thing.

I bought a rocket blower with complete pessimism, expecting it to not really work on the larger dust bits which seemed to be stuck solid. But it did a good job of clearing my sensor. I'd recommend it as a good general way of keeping your sensor pretty clean and tidy, but if it doesn't work, you'd have to upgrade to some sensor swabs and cleaning fluid.

I can't see any difference in those shots, but then my monitor is so covered in crud that I dind't think I would anyway!

I got a Jessops one with a red nozzle and it is a Giottos. Cool shape, my kid keeps stelaing it from my camera bag to play with.

subseasniper

Nice pics, although they don't hold much interest for long. Try increasing the contrast and saturation a little, nice.

:D

Back