Girl on a beach

Edit My Images
Yes
Another pic from the Philippines.

Vv-Phil2007181_PP.jpg

C&C welcome :)

Very nice spot. Wouldve been nicer to see more room to the left so there is room for he/she to walk into... and id have cloned out that brown stick/thing on the beach.

Lovely shot though, well done.

:agree: with Janice.
Could do with a trip through noise ninja (or Noiseware community (or...))

Great shot tho.

I like this shot and would have said all the above but still I would crop a bit more from the right and if you have any more on the left then I would show it so the child is less central in the shot :) A special moment though, I love the light and the colours here!

Conventional wisdom in people photography says the subject should have space in front of him/her to walk into. In this case, though, my eye sees it the other way.

The lines of the girl pulling the bag really help to move the eye through the image. You don't want to lose any of the bag, so you can't crop all that much off the right, even if there was enough image on the left. What you end up with is an unbalanced shot, with a very heavy right side, and a very empty left.

Instead, I would work with the lines and emhasize the girl's motion, allowing the negative space to fall to the right. It helps the image appear much more dynamic. IN the crop below, the girl's head and feet and the heavy part of the bag are all on thirds.

It really all just depend on what you want the image to say.

- CJ

vvphil2007181pp2ut5.jpg

Back