Girl Part II

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Another shot from the same day as the previous "Girl" post. C+C welcome and much needed. :)

Chloe.jpg

O.K. now that I know you can take it:D:D:D

Excellent pic, I love the saturation and the whole image says NAUGHTY BUT LOVABLE

(y)

;)

sorry but it does not work for me.. " each to there own "

my reason .. :thinking: well if it was on the wall i would always feel uneasy about the angle of the girl looking at me..

but like i say if we all liked the same thing life would be dull

tfs

md(y)

;)

sorry but it does not work for me.. " each to there own "

my reason .. :thinking: well if it was on the wall i would always feel uneasy about the angle of the girl looking at me..

but like i say if we all liked the same thing life would be dull

tfs

md(y)

Actually, if you take the above image and flip it 180 degrees, that would be the original shot. hehe. So, yeah, I can see your point about the angle. :)

Nice shot ... :clap:

There are a few hot spots on her face if I had to be very picky.

There are a few hot spots on ALL my photos lol. I should have named myself "Highkey" instead of F-stop. :p

Thanks for comments all.

I have to say fstop... your works are very inspiring. Its different and if you're the same fstop member who I've seen previous submitted works before then there is no change in standard.... excellent!

Ed :)

This is better than the other one, however the increased contrast has caused her eyes to turn black in parts. Its a bit of a shame as they could be really great and deep blue. Are you adjust the levels or contrast?

F-stop, since you asked for critique... ;)

I do like the vibrance of your colors, but I would agree that the contrast is too high. If you can back off the contrast just a bit, you'll keep the highlights and shadows from blocking up quite so much.

I would agree with monkeydave that the angle is a bit too extreme -- it's making my neck hurt. LOL. And, flipped this way, she looks just a bit like an otter sliding across the snow on her stomach. ;)

By having your subject look upwards so sharply, you've created ghoul lighting, which simply means light coming up from below her face. The result is the shadows above her cheekbones and and on her nose, which is generally not a flattering look. The light itself is nice and soft, but the angle of the light is a problem.

Very nice expression, though, and I'll look forward to seeing more.

- CJ

This is better than the other one, however the increased contrast has caused her eyes to turn black in parts. Its a bit of a shame as they could be really great and deep blue. Are you adjust the levels or contrast?

I agree with the eyes part. They were actually a lot darker than this, but (with my limited photoshopping skills) dodged them to bring them out a bit more. My PP'ing method is a bit strange I think... I use Lightroom and adjust the blacks, fill light, exposure, contrast (I'm a contrast junkie lol). I don't specifically adjust levels, but I assume they are changed using the method I do. Fairly new to the whole digital world.

F-stop, since you asked for critique... ;)

I do like the vibrance of your colors, but I would agree that the contrast is too high. If you can back off the contrast just a bit, you'll keep the highlights and shadows from blocking up quite so much.

I would agree with monkeydave that the angle is a bit too extreme -- it's making my neck hurt. LOL. And, flipped this way, she looks just a bit like an otter sliding across the snow on her stomach. ;)

By having your subject look upwards so sharply, you've created ghoul lighting, which simply means light coming up from below her face. The result is the shadows above her cheekbones and and on her nose, which is generally not a flattering look. The light itself is nice and soft, but the angle of the light is a problem.

Very nice expression, though, and I'll look forward to seeing more.

- CJ

As stated above, I am a bonified contrast-aholic. lol. I've been trying to work on that a bit, but have a hard time. :p And I didn't even notice the "shadows". Thanks for pointing that out. I'll certainly keep that in mind for next time. :)

I think its really good... I was looking at it thinking it's hard to flaw and then when you read the comments, and look back they do seem to make sense... I guess that's the eye of a critic compared to the eye of a normal viewer.

I do quite like the high contrast and tones, and I really like the whole DOF thing going on but can I just ask about the little halo on the left side of the hat...? Is that an effect from too much photo-shopping or is that in the original shot too?

I think its really good... I was looking at it thinking it's hard to flaw and then when you read the comments, and look back they do seem to make sense... I guess that's the eye of a critic compared to the eye of a normal viewer.

I do quite like the high contrast and tones, and I really like the whole DOF thing going on but can I just ask about the little halo on the left side of the hat...? Is that an effect from too much photo-shopping or is that in the original shot too?

Yes, hehe. I went a little over the top with the fill light. I try to keep lines like that from showing up and I noticed this when PPing, but for some reason kept it in.

Very cool photo.

Thank you much. :)

Back