Girls

Edit My Images
Yes
A few favorites from the latest commercial shoot in Arkansas. All are medium format Tri-X w/ 75mm lens. Such fun girls to work with!

rachel1gz6.jpg

The next few were shot in the back of a pickup going 25 mph over dry creek beds. Fun to focus!

truck1webzi5.jpg

wren1oc9.jpg

sarahann1yq6.jpg

Your shots always make me smile :)

Can't fault any of these. What MF camera do you use?

Thanks, Hoodi. I prefer Bronica gear, currently shooting with an ETRS and primarily the 75mm 2.8 lens. Great image quality, nothing near the cost of Hasselblads.

I love the b&w images for people shots. Number 4 is potential model material...

They're all great and the lighting's absolutely spot-on. Number 3 is my favourite though - great candid.

Number 1 seems to strike me the most. I like them all, and as Hoodi says, I cant fault them (y)

But number 1...wow...I look at it and its like BAM! I'm drawn right into her eyes.

I am torn between a smaller & lighter Bronica setup (SQ-A?) or a chunkier mamiya 6*7 setup :(

More questions :D
Do you print with these tints? What do you use to do so? :)

Number 1 does it for me, simply amazing shot. Cant fault any of them, in any way apart from its your name and not mine.

Thanks very much.

Hoodi, I used to have an Sq-Ai, which I loved. It's square format, and I would still be using it today if it hadn't been stolen a few years back. The Mamiya is also a great camera, but 1) it's quite a bit heavier, and 2) it (and all its accessories and lenses) are quite a lot more expensive, at least here in the States. Really, it'll have to come down to which camera feels more comfortable in your hands and suits your specific needs better. You can't go wrong with those two choices.

The toning is a digital representation of the selenium toning I use on all my prints. In combination with the right paper, the toner produces the warm reddish-brown you see her. When I scan them, though, the scanner makes them look green, so I've learned to recreate the tone via photoshop. I simply bump up the reds in the midtones only, and very slightly bump up the green in the shadows, then desaturate as needed.

- CJ

When I scan them, though, the scanner makes them look green, so I've learned to recreate the tone via photoshop. I simply bump up the reds in the midtones only, and very slightly bump up the green in the shadows, then desaturate as needed.

- CJ

Have you tried including a grey scale strip next to the print when you scan and then using it for getting a neutral cast in PS?

Great shots as always (y)

lovely set, your lighting always amazes me.

I must say that #2 although a great candid, the face is a bit dark.

I like these alot! (y)

Stunning photos..number 2 & 3 are the kind of photos I dream of taking *is super jealous*

Back