Beginner Gitzo T228 (CF) Twist locks Help Required

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys

I have an older Gitzo T228 carbon fibre 4 section travel tripod that I bought over a year ago "it was USED when I bought it" and I`m having some issues with the Twist locks..

Basically sometimes when I twist the Thicker of the twist grips it locks the section - but with not enough grip so that when I go to the next section to lock that one the thicker section tends to slip and I find myself going back and forth and faffing around like a numpty..

I`m sure a lot of you guys have come across this sort of thing before so am hoping for some advice to hopefully resolve the issue .. Can this be fixed ?

I`ve also heard and read that Gitzo can be very expensive when it comes to repairs and/or replacement of parts, needless to say that when I first bought this Tripod there was a small round centre piece that was missing from the centre column (it was nothing more than a round hard plastic disc) that I decided to source and buy .. it cost almost £35 PLUS postage ..

Generally I love the tripod as its nice and light yet strong and small for my needs so I`d like to keep it providing it would be worth while if its nots to costly to fix . I`d just as soon buy a new one if the cost of repair(s) gets out of control..

Thanks in advance for any help

Coho-Blue

Know nowt about that specific tripod.....but this place is the same one for Manfrotto gear, and I have found in the past him/them very helpful. So unless you have already done so, IMO make contact and see what they can advise about items needed and costs.

HTH :)

Back