Glamour Post processing

R

RobbieW

Hi

being a male I enjoy taking glamour style photo's in studio's :shrug:

I am struggling with the post processing of the images, I would like to achieve the magazine style smoot skin type effect. I have tried applying gaussion blur's, but then I have to apply sharpening as its too blured. That kind of defeats the object, can anyone offer any advice or places to look for tutorials?

thanks

Rob

Rob this is the tutorial I use for my portraits.
I cant see why it wouldnt work for full length body shots.
I used it myself recently to retouch a friends glam-style pic. It came out quite nice but her pic was a pretty small filesize from a p&s, so I havent got any experience of bodyshot results using it or printing large (except on faces which comes out great.)
Hth. :)

There's a good tutorial that uses the high pass filter to bring back skin detail (pores etc.) after the gaussian blur trick. It works really well. I'll see if I can find it again!

Here is one tutorial using the High Pass filter to bring back detail.

You can also use the noise filter to simulate skin texture.

You can also do your skin softening on only one channel of an image (usually the green channel I think) and that way you still retain skin texture in the other channels.

I have a link here to another technique that uses the dust and scratches filter. Works great and is a bit kinder to your edges than using GB. i feel it gives greater control over the final outcome too.

skin smoothing

thanks for all the suggestions on here. much appreciated.

I downloaded demo from http://www.portraitprofessional.com
just yesterday, simple, but looks fairly effective, won't teach you anything about Photoshop though ...

I don't know if I do enough portraits to justify buying it, but it could be another weapon in the armoury.

Back