Glasgow and Newcastle riverside cityscapes

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No

I am aware the highlights are a little blown here. For a 2 min exposure very very late its OK. I was busy doing no 1 when it was brighter.

Last edited:
A fine series.

Two is slightly washed out and tbh why lose some of the edge of the bridge and include half the flat block. I’d have angled it more inwards to frame all the bridge and less of the flat towers on the far left edge. Three is the one but with the lighting of two.

Six. I shoot this wider and go with the crane included. I know why you haven’t but the dead space is great for copy text and selling on.

Seven. Tricky to take. I find this easier further upstream so you don’t catch the edge of the river bank, or go further back and make more of a feature of it like you did with 5

With 8 I’d take a hair off the right losing the messy stuff at the edge of the bridge on the RHS. Maybe a 7x5 losing also some of the far left. It’s not over exposed but certainly not under, that’s for sure. You’ll always blow out some of the highlights shooting scenes like this

I cannot see any flaws with the others and they’re how I’d more or less compose, expose and maybe process a shade darker but really they’re decent and should make you money.

Last edited:
I have re-cropped 2 a little tighter. 8 will probably get the messy stuff edited out at some point as I feel cropping would make it too tight.

Edinburgh series should be written up in a few days. This time is only good for blogs.

I tend to find that Glasgow river shots with the Squinty Bridge look cluttered.

Newcastle makes for an interesting comparison - I think it looks much nicer when you see the images from both locations in the same group.

I found #9 quite striking. It's the standout for me.

Back