Critique Glasgow Riverside Musem. Blue hour and Sunrise

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm a terrible sleeper and have now developed the art of waking up hours before I am due into work. I therefore spend the time shooting around whats local and accessible to me.

One morning with the Nikon D800 and 20mm F2.8 AFD at blue hour

_DSC2618 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Cheeky mono conversion

_DSC2600 (1) by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

A few days later

Sunrise with the Nikon D800 Zeiss Distagon 21mm

_DSC2760 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Golden hour

_DSC2765 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

I do like the 3rd one of those, with the others I am not a fan of the fence.

In the first one I think the reflections of the street lights and dawn light in the front of the building are interesting and could be another potential image.

Reactions: ST4
I like number 2 better than 1 because you've moved to eliminate some of the junk in the image and the B&W also makes the great metal box on the right disappear. The fence draws the eye to the striking zigzag roofline, although that might be a little dark to remain so striking if printed.

Number 3 is a cleaner image, and I like the sense of the roof being mirrored in the paving - I wonder if that would have been even stronger if you'd moved a little further left to put the point of the paving further right in the image?
Number 4 doesn't quite work for me - I've tried cropping bottom and left, but can't quite find the right balance.

HTH

No 3 for me is a better comp, but I think no 1 could be interesting if you could retake in similar light without the street furniture.

Don't like the orange barriers and not over-keen on the rail but love #3 :)

Back