Glasonbury Tor.....2 Versions.......

Edit My Images
Yes
One from NX and one from RSE... the differences are quite subtle.......

Opinions and critical feedback purleez?

26072006-17.jpg

26072006-17-01.jpg

first one is NX btw, Both had the same exp comp applies, they've both had the same amount of unsharp mask applied but the one from RSE had to have it applied in cs2 afterwards. I tried to use the adjustment in RSE to bring out the shadow detail but couldn't get anywhere near what I achieved in NX using control points. In the fullsize image the shadow area is noisy, but no more than you'd expect.......

btw, this is just the unprocessed version.......

26072006-171.jpg

I have to say that I prefer the first one mate. The second one just looks too processed for my tastes and seems to have quite a bit of noise, although that might just be because of the extra processing.

:)

Out of the two that have been processed I prefer #1, as Sammy says the second looks a bit overdone, but in saying that #3 is the best for me as it looks the most natural (colourwise).

I like the overall look of the first one but prefer the sky detail of the second. the first looks like a over compressed jpg sky.

I'd also agree the last one would be the favourite of the three :)

I prefer the first one too. The muted colours seem to work much better than the vibrant colours in the second shot. #2 looks quite noisy in comparison to the first shot, and there are visible halo's around the foreground.

cool, back to the drawing board for some sort of mash up between number one and three then.

I must admit, looking back at the first two now, they do look a touch overprocessed!

Back