Glass artist!

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these today on a visit to cotswold wildlife park..the glass ornaments this guy make have to be seen to be believed!!..very impressive..

DSC_0133-1.jpg

DSC_0131-1.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0032-1.jpg

DSC_0031-2.jpg

DSC_0022-2.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

Very nice! Have you got one of a finished ornament by any chance? A sort of before and after....

really brill!
I agree, seeing the finished job would be cool :)

Very nice Stuart ... (y) ... and it looks like only with available light too ... :thinking:

A great insight into the detailed work necessary in his trade ... ;) ... bet his fingers get a bit hot during the day though ... :shrug:

:p

:) Thanks everyone..yes just available light no flash at all..used the 50mm 1.8 for these and the tamron 90mm for a couple as well..I wish I had taken some of a finished piece but it was busy in there and not a lot of room so we left early..

Stuart, those photo's are stunning. Youve managed to keep the colour in the flames, yet still get detail in the darker areas.:clap:

That reminds me, did anyone ever read the sketch in Viz comic where the superhero GLASSMAN goes to a glass artist to get a penis extension, only to come out half an hour later with it shaped like a dolphin.:LOL:
Dean:)

That reminds me, did anyone ever read the sketch in Viz comic where the superhero GLASSMAN goes to a glass artist to get a penis extension, only to come out half an hour later with it shaped like a dolphin.
:LOL::LOL:
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback,this sort of photography isn't what I normally do but could get into it..got a 85mm 1.4 coming soon to play with also.:love:

Really enjoyed these shots, StuartH. The lighting is dramatic and the craftsman looks totally engrossed in his work. It's a fascinating craft to watch and I won't make the comment about it's always nice to see men at work .... ooops, sorry I already did :bonk:

But in this case, yeah, brilliant, exciting pics :clap::clap::clap:

:LOL:cheers Jeangenie..Must admit I could have watched him for hours..very engrossing!

Back