Glencoe Lochan

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
20070921-_Y8I7552-Edit.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Nicley framed, simple and effective. Not sure about the strange mauve colour in the sky though.

Very peaceful, I do not get a mauve sky so perhaps the colour temperature or display setting of my monitor is different.

I think that's lovely,very peaceful(and I'm not seeing mauve either)

Yep, lovely shot mate. I like the trees framing the loch.

Andy

I think that's lovely,very peaceful(and I'm not seeing mauve either)

...and neither do I now that I'm home and looking at it on my own monitor. Pesky cheapo work monitor...:shake:

Many thanks to you all for your kind comments - very much appreciated and valued.

Tom

...and neither do I now that I'm home and looking at it on my own monitor. Pesky cheapo work monitor...:shake:

Thanks for posting back to clarify that point

Tom

Excellent composition and colours, it just doesn't look like Loch Leven?

Excellent composition and colours, it just doesn't look like Loch Leven?

:thinking: I'll re-check my notes/maps from that visit, but at the time I was advised it was Loch Leven.

Tom

It looks like the Lochan near the Glencoe visitors centre, by Signal Rock, as that's definately the Pap of Glencoe , the dominant peak.

OR It's Leven from just outside Ballachulish hotel towards Glencoe Village.

that's definitely the pap of glencoe in the distance! I'm trying to work out the position too, I don't think it's from the Glencoe village end.

Anyways, nice enough shot, bit too much foreground interest blocking the view for my taste, seems to me like it's blocking the eye rather than leading the eye into the photo.

:thinking: I'll re-check my notes/maps from that visit, but at the time I was advised it was Loch Leven.

Tom

On checking my records it would appear it was shot around Kinlochleven

Tom

Looking west?

I would say East as this image was taken about midday that day and the sun's position is on the left. This was taken at the opposite end of the loch to the original image.

Y8I7515-Edit.jpg

One the reason I recently invested in a GPS tracking device was to help identify shooting locations.

The first image, I'd lay money on was taken facing East too. I'm almost positive thats the Pap of Glencoe and the dark steep face is the North Face/Butress.
If thats the case it can't be Kinlochleven, as the only thing East from there is moor and Blackwater Reservoir (Hidden from tha point)

I'd possibly say this was taken from Invercoe, do you remember going for a stroll aound the small lochan here?? http://www.multimap.com/s/vad0vV6x

Anyway nice shots, from a spectacular area!, Shame its a 8 Hour drive one way from here :(

Last edited:
Beautiful scenery. Looks so peaceful. Lovely capture. Good composition and framing (y)

The first image, I'd lay money on was taken facing East too. I'm almost positive thats the Pap of Glencoe and the dark steep face is the North Face/Butress.
If thats the case it can't be Kinlochleven, as the only thing East from there is moor and Blackwater Reservoir (Hidden from tha point)

I'd possibly say this was taken from Invercoe, do you remember going for a stroll aound the small lochan here?? http://www.multimap.com/s/vad0vV6x

Anyway nice shots, from a spectacular area!, Shame its a 8 Hour drive one way from here :(

The 2 images were taken at opposite ends of that little loch. REcall going through Kinlochleven and up by a hospital area set in large grounds on the LH and onto a parking area in a woodland area.

Your lucky it only took you 8 hrs - 12 hrs to Glen Coe due to accidents on M6.

and up by a hospital area set in large grounds on the LH and onto a parking area in a woodland area.

That's where I've pointed to in the multimap link, It's Invecoe just away from Glencoe Village and sort of enroute to Kinlochleven.

M6= Headache

Last time I went, I Ryan-aired up to Prestwick from Stanstead and rented a car, was cheaper that the upteen litres of stupid price fuel from Kent

Back