Gloucester

2-6 are my favourites not being a fan of centrally located subject shots
good processing and the best out of them all are 2 and 4
great bite there
cheers
geof

Some of the best monochrome shots I've seen in a little while... Really like this set, particularly the detail that you have brought out in #1 and #2. :)

Just a bit too much contrast for my taste. Not sure about the tone mapping that I think I'm seeing - especially no. 3.

No. 6, however, is lovely. :cool:

It is screaming out for some perspective correction, though...

(with your permission - you have edits allowed :))

Gloucester-22-edit.jpg

Just a bit too much contrast for my taste. Not sure about the tone mapping that I think I'm seeing - especially no. 3.

No. 6, however, is lovely. :cool:

It is screaming out for some perspective correction, though...

(with your permission - you have edits allowed :))

Gloucester-22-edit.jpg

Wow you have really improved that picture. I need to go back to Lightroom and have a go. Is it the vertical adjustment under lens corrections you used or do you use different software?

I used Silver Efex for the B&W conversion adding extra contrast and structure and put a bit of an S to the tone curve. I know it is too much for some peoples tastes. I always find it difficult to get the balance right.

I actually did it using the Lens Corrections filter in Photoshop only because I didn't want to take it into my LR Catalog, but it was using the same rotation and vertical perspective controls as in LR4 and could have been done there just as easily (possibly more so as you've got undos available).

Nice set, I like the modern and ancient contrast in the whole collection

Idelfrog - as someone who spent the best part of 25 years in Chelters and therefore most Sundays as a child at the docks with my parents, I love how your images have really captured the feel of the place as it lives in my head! Haven't been down since they did all the big redevelopment with the Quays shopping and such, hope they haven't ruined it!

Cheers

Back