Gloucestershire Warwickshire railway

Edit My Images
Yes
I've been trying to get to grips with Depth of Field (f-Stop vs Shutter Speed) so popped over to Toddington today to bag a couple of test shots.

These 2 were the best Snaps that I took where I wasn't looking to test any DOF settings and just took them because the steam train looked nice :)

They have been cropped a little to remove a few heads! and I let PS sort out the colours etc. C&C most welcome. How could I have done better?

yrbbd9.jpg
yrbbde.jpg

yep - I agree with the comments above...

But I think composition wise, they're great! :D

And yep - great DoF in the second! :D

Good shots on what looked like a difficult day lighting wise. Toddington is a great spot for train pictures. My favourite time of day there is late afternoon on a sunny day when the sun is more behind the car park. Gives a nice shine to the paint and brasswork! Stay on the car park side and set up pitch on the fence near the loco sheds.

GWR_001.jpg

More pics here:

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f206/laser_jock99/TRAINS PLANES STEAM ENGINES ETC/

Both hand held shots (I'm still a little 2 embarrassed to take my tripod out in public!!)

I can relate to that so I use a monopod, where feasible, as it isnt so noticable and there are no "sticking out" legs for members of the public to knock. With a quick release head it only takes a few seconds to set up.

Cheers for the comments and feedback - much appreciated. :)

I admit that I was rushing a bit as the train was along side me as I drove through Winchcombe. having never been to toddington station before I just went for the nearest parking space and walked (briskly whilst trying to look relaxed!) over to the fence and took a few shots.

Back