GMAIL - can't email domain, and they also eat messages the other way.

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I suddenly can't email anyone with gmail. They must have taken offense with me sending client an invoice for a very normal job. Nothing illegal, high volume, spammy or even moderately suspicious to even the craziest woketards unless they plain hate me or people getting paid

Everything goes to soft bounce. I had to start asking clients for non-gmail accounts.

And it also goes the other way. My gmail gets duplicate messages from my main email for when I am away from home, etc, and I would frequently not receive messages from other gmail, but then it is there on main IMAP server.

But I do get all the trash, newsletter, spam and scam OK. That is all fine in their books, Unless it is from a select company, like FineARTAmerica (mush be MGA supporters I guess) or select clients (again must be a conservative kind).

Either GOOGLAG is broken or they hate me, and of course I super hate them, I'm not sure what else to do or say?

Last edited:
Most of my emails are sent & received using my ISP email addresses and they go through fine to Gmail addresses

However, with another address that I use my ISP to send but not receive has exhibited an oddity with and only one Gmail address. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, because as mentioned other Gmail recipients are AOK

The recipient in question has advised that they have issues with Gmail.

Last edited:
You’ve checked everting on your end including DNS settings?

You’ve checked everting on your end including DNS settings?
It's fine with all other domains as it was two days ago until I sent that invoice and no changes were made. It still is but not to gmail. I Can't email anyone on there anymore.

P.S. The invoice is paid; I had to ask for alternative email address to get through. That part probably didn't look very good.

Some ISP's periodically seem to change their no-go domains. I have a corporate Exchange account I use for a client, and they recently stopped allowing me to send email to any Hotmail accounts (not too surprised really), but I also noticed some bounces with gmail addresses I think.

Do you have your own domain?
I had a similar problem with emails from my domain a few years back begin rejected by several companies email systems - I had to go into my ISP control panel and add a validation entry (I can't remember what it was, sorry) that essentially confirmed the email was genuine in the headers.
Could be something similar?

I was also suffering with odd Gmail behaviour. Difficult to define but one feature is consistently being asked to enter credentials for my linked BT email account, plus some outgoing emails wouldn't send - just sat queued in outbox. Just did to/from test between my Google and BT accounts, and all seems to be ok, other then still keeps asking for credentials.

Google are, or will be purging unused accounts, so wonder if that's part of the issue? They've messed up what is supposed to be happening?

Last edited:
Do you have your own domain?
I had a similar problem with emails from my domain a few years back begin rejected by several companies email systems - I had to go into my ISP control panel and add a validation entry (I can't remember what it was, sorry) that essentially confirmed the email was genuine in the headers.
Could be something similar?
I have that problem with gmail and my primary domain which is hosted with Plus. If I send from <domain>.co.uk then it bounces back as unauthenticated but if I send from <username>. plus.com then it works. Fortunately username and domain are the same so I don't think anyone notices....

I had this problem. Apparently Google Mail now requires some sort of security algorithm, which is present if you send from a Gmail address but needs some sort of black magic configuration in other mail systems. I’ve not found out how to configure my main mail account (Plusnet) but instead reply to Gmail messages using my own Gmail address from the drop-down.

Have you asked the provider of the mail server you are using as your outgoing relay?

You haven't actually said who you send mail through, so any response is pure speculation at this point.

Did you check your hosting provider if they have DKIM, SPF and PTR record set correctly.. this are some of the necessary setting they need to confirm on server end to atleast land your email on GMail.

Back