Godox AD200 vs 200PRO

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I just noticed there is a new Pro version out. It may have a been for some time but I only just seen it for sale.

As I already have 2 non-pro ones and was looking to eventually add 1-2 more godox flashes (not necessarily 200 - could be also 1x 600 and small one) I wondered:

1. if they will all work the same together; I presume they will but is there anything I should be aware of

2. Are there any must-have new features that justify paying the +£100 bill?

Yes, they will work together. What you get for the extra £100 is an extra stop of power adjustment, I.e. 9 stops instead of 8.

Godox has a policy of bringing out new additions to its range that have small incremental spec improvements at large price increases.

You also get better colour stability,

Does that in practice mean pro colour will differ from the non-pro and will look like a mess. Should I even presume the two non-pro units will have the same colour at same power or basically anything randomly within that range?

Does that in practice mean pro colour will differ from the non-pro and will look like a mess. Should I even presume the two non-pro units will have the same colour at same power or basically anything randomly within that range?
flash colour temperature is one of those strange things where we can meter the difference but may not always to be able to see (most process it out without thinking about it) so in practice it most likely will differ, in reality you may never notice it

Mike

flash colour temperature is one of those strange things where we can meter the difference but may not always to be able to see (most process it out without thinking about it) so in practice it most likely will differ, in reality you may never notice it

Mike

I wondered if maybe some has done the measurements but hopefully they won't be noticeable.

I do however see a difference between Canon and YN speedlites. YN has certainly some slight magenta shift.

I haven't measured the claimed improvement but hope to do so next week. I anticipate that the colour temperature meter will notice it but that no human will.

I haven't measured the claimed improvement but hope to do so next week. I anticipate that the colour temperature meter will notice it but that no human will.

I am more concerned that they are reasonably consistent between different heads at similar outputs, not that they vary in colour a little from 1/1 to 1/128...

One strange thing I noticed is that the flash head from one of the units I have will only fit on one body, while the other on both, and so do both bulb holders! It's not a big deal but there is some corner cutting going on.

I am more concerned that they are reasonably consistent between different heads at similar outputs, not that they vary in colour a little from 1/1 to 1/128...

One strange thing I noticed is that the flash head from one of the units I have will only fit on one body, while the other on both, and so do both bulb holders! It's not a big deal but there is some corner cutting going on.
It’s not a secret they’re ‘cheap’.
There’ll be better tolerance on the Profoto at 5x the cost.

Back