Godox V1

Does this give an indication that the exposure has been achieved? I think my old Canon speedlite used to flash green if this was the case, but I've noticed my 860ii doesn't do this.

just done some metering tests with head set to manual zoom of 35mm, ISO 100 metered at 1 metre got f25 so compared with V860II set the same and got f25 - both using sekonic 858 so on with further tests
So the power is the same as the V860ii, I'd be interested to know if you feel it is worth changing from the V860ii to this new model, and if so, why. :)

So the power is the same as the V860ii, I'd be interested to know if you feel it is worth changing from the V860ii to this new model, and if so, why. :)

Change is an expensive word and some of the features such as the channel scanner could be incorporated into other models with a firmware upgrade possibly, I think the real question is if you need a flashgun which is better? The overall package taking everything into account means that my preference would be for the V1, little things like the foot locking mechanism and the direct fit of the AK-R1 accessories - one thing where the V860II scores is that the head can be zoomed to 200mm whereas it is only 105mm on the V1 (not that that has ever been a concern for me) but the moveability of the head on the V1 is better

Mike

Back